You are not connected. Please login or register

A Rush Through the Mist [Open/Hunt]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A Rush Through the Mist [Open/Hunt] on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:45 am

avatar


Marcus Saint


February 30th


A single figure strode through the heavy blanket of moisture that filled the air and suffocated the eyesight of all who attempted to peer through the thick veil. It was as if the sky had descended to air as fat puffy clouds of mist clung to the ground and held on with all of it’s might, refusing to rise back up to the sky where they would be forced to languishly drift about at the mere whim of the jet stream. The figure itself did not seem impeded by this development, rather he seemed to be enjoying it. It was one of the few rare moments of solace he had gotten since running from home, or rather that place that he had been raised. He still had trouble coming to terms that his whole past is a lie, a fabrication of the world that was determined to keep him coerced and controlled.

Half lidded eyes gazed lazily about as they traversed the quiet dismal forest, the solitude played to his likes immensely, his rather muted enjoyment clear in the small twinkle of amusement that sparked up in his eyes. An aloof smile crept it’s way half way across his face before he turned and paid attention to his surroundings just a bit. The rustle of leaves, the chilling of the air. It was coming. He held Valvrave tighter as his eyes cut lazily about, his momentary peace shattered by the arrival of something else. He knew Grimm frequented this area, the misty forests concealing them perfectly from their prey. Sadly for them, the one they chose to stalk was always prepared, a product of his genetics and training. There was no sneaking up on February. He would find you eventually...



Techniques


Necessary Information!

Vitality

  • HP: 100
  • Aura: 200


Weapons/Items

  • Valvrave - T1
  • Conwell - T1
  • Fire Dust - 2 Vials - T1


View user profile

2 Re: A Rush Through the Mist [Open/Hunt] on Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:41 am

avatar
Keita was following a shadowy figure in the mist, making careful steps to avoid being too close, but not too far as to lose sight of him, as Keita didn't want to use his semblance this early in the hunt. He had signed up for the hunt much earlier than expected after joining the school, but he liked to help people, and the person he signed up with was fairly fast, so Keita assumed he was a melee fighter, most likely a striker that attempted to end an enemy quickly. These were the type of partners Keita enjoyed having, as it matched up with his more defensive, grinding the enemy down style a lot. While the enemy would need to be focused on the in your face striker, Keita could rapidly debilitate them and the striker could finish them off.

As they were going through the mist, Keita's senses were peaked as he listened to the breeze, the leaves, and felt the mist make his clothing cling to his body, his weapon strapped to his back. He stopped as soon as the front runner stopped, he had apparently noticed something, so Keita quickly scanned his surroundings as well. Lots of large trees with thick branches made it a fairly difficult area to snipe in, but an extremely easy area to scan in, so he quickly found a sturdy tree and started climbing. He raced up the tree with his speed and grip, making sure not to leave too much of a mark on it as he did so. As he got to a sufficient branch, he would scan the area with his semblance.

Suddenly his vision became mostly a dark blue color, almost black among the cold mist as he looked around for the heat signature of their prey. He found sort of what he was looking for, but because of the trees and the mist, he wasn't sure if it was a single enemy or more than one, but he knew that soon he would be in combat. He slipped down the tree and walked behind the shadowy figure whose name he learned was Marcus Saint. Keita tapped Marcus on the shoulder lightly and then pointed in the direction of the heat signature, south, before heading north-east and climbing a tree to get a good vantage point for when the Grimm attacked.

=======================
Health: 110/110
Aura: 180/190
Utility Semblance used

View user profile

3 Re: A Rush Through the Mist [Open/Hunt] on Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:32 am

avatar
Her first day in Syne and she chose to skip her class and go on a hunt instead. Erin Cross let out a soft sigh, draping her ebony-black coat around herself and letting it morph into her fitting battle attire. She spared a glance at her wrist watch before letting her azure hues scan the area to note its stillness. What a weird ambience. Not only did she feel a slight tinge of vulnerability, the area appeared eerie as well what with the mist covering most of her sight.

Taking out a silver fountain pen from her breast pocket, she delved deeper into the woods while spinning the metallic object in hand. Despite the casual tone in her stride, her senses were on alarm and awake for any attack that might spring forth from her blind sides. It didn't matter if a grimm was weak, small or in any way disadvantaged. It only took one wrong move from the hunter to lose his life, and Erin wouldn't appreciate being on the receiving end of that.

From a distance she spotted faint silhouettes causing her to stop in her tracks and her pen coming into an abrupt halt. She took a few moments to observe from afar until her eyes were able to recognise the figures of two men. If they were in these woods near the academy, that must mean they're hunters as well, right? And if not, well, Erin was confident enough to deal with them both.

Perhaps it's the solitude or the loneliness that Erin decided to break the silence to alleviate the heavy air.

"Out for a hunt on christmas eve too?" Erin asked with a small smile. Meh. She might be letting her guard down a little with this chat but hey, it's a force of habit from being an idol after all.

View user profile

4 Re: A Rush Through the Mist [Open/Hunt] on Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:10 am

avatar


Marcus Saint


February 30th


Another rustle caught his attention, eyes panning over in the direction of the sound as another young man stumbled out behind him. It was likely to be his tactical support. It was odd however, something about the boy seemed familiar, yet... he couldn’t put his finger on it, did he know him? If he did... from where? A strange sensation of recognition tore through him and it honestly confused and irritated him that he didn’t know or couldn’t pinpoint it. However he was unable to act on it, the other young man moving along to set up for the hunt that Marcus was already standing at attention for. Thousands upon hundreds of thoughts passed through his head yet never did his attention change from the sounds and feeling of the approaching Grimm. Such vile creatures they were, the cause and effect of humanities twisted urges and emotions.

The young man had quickly located the general direction, causing Marcus to turn in that general direction as his partner shimmied down the tree before heading to another one without ever uttering a word. Quiet and too the point, Marcus could get used to this. Leveling Valvrave in the general direction of the threat, his hand would rise up towards Conwell’s hilt as yet another chorus of rustling leaves caught his attention. It lacked the obvious threat of a grimm and thus Marcus would not lash out in it’s direction as he turned his head to face in the direction of the young woman. She was already wearing the school’s uniform, meaning she had likely ditched class to go out for a midday stroll, not the best of ideas but who was he to judge, he hadn’t even signed up for his classes yet. She asked a simple question about their activities which caused him to reply just as simply with a short, “Yes”. He would give her another critical eye before turning back to the forests surrounding them as the sounds of Grimm grew louder, “I hope you brought more than a writing utensil” he asked honestly, knowing that if that was all she had, that this may be a bit more annoying than it needed to be.



Techniques


Necessary Information!

Vitality

  • HP: 100
  • Aura: 200


Weapons/Items

  • Valvrave - T1
  • Conwell - T1
  • Fire Dust - 2 Vials - T1


View user profile

5 Re: A Rush Through the Mist [Open/Hunt] on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:56 pm

avatar
Keita noticed another person suddenly join the atmosphere around them, and so Keita obviously looked at her. Keita swiftly glanced her, looking her up and down, and while she was very beautiful, he wondered why she was out here. He had very acute senses, so he heard her suddenly ask them if they were out on a hunt as well, meaning she was out on a hunt together with them. Keita sighed, and figured that they may as well partner up with her, as she could very well be strong enough. He also assumed she had some sort of weapon on her when his partner Marcus said that he had hoped she had something other than writing utensils on her. Keita had hoped so too, as the mist and the obstacles that were the trees around them would make facing certain Grimm quite a challenge. Keita went back to surveying the area, and if the woman would look up at him, he would give her a kind smile before pointing towards the Grimm once again, making sure that everyone was on the same page in terms of locating their enemies.

Keita hoped that the Grimm didn't know they were there, as with a surprise attack they could inflict heavy damage on them, and they could most likely take one of them out at the very start of the fight, as fighting a small group of them would be difficult. Keita once again scanned the area with his semblance, making sure to count the number of them as well as what they looked like, and now that they were closer, he could define them clearly. Deathstalkers, three of them. Well, this was going to be a bit of a challenge on their first hunt out, and Keita made sure to scurry down the tree in quite a hurry, so that he could inform the two on the ground about what they were fighting. If they teamed up again, Keita would be sure to by some comm link ear pieces for times like these, as even though he liked to move around a lot as a sniper, doing it when you don't have to is was a bit annoying to him.

As he reached the ground, he swiftly walked over to them, making sure not to cause any more noise than the rustle of the trees and leaves around them, and then he addressed the two. "Hello miss, I am Keita Relius, it's wonderful to meet you, and I hope we can work together on this hunt. I found three enemies, each of them are Deathstalkers, so we might have to be a bit careful. They are very physically strong, so they'll most likely knock down any trees you use as cover, which could help you to limit their movement and clear a path for me to support you with cover fire. Don't get grabbed or stung."
=======================
Health: 110/110
Aura: 170/190
Utility Semblance used

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum