You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this a banned semblance?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Is this a banned semblance? on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:47 pm

avatar
Would basic weather changes be considered alteration/manipulation? Such as, light rain, or a fog. Is there any loophole to allow it? If it is considered banned?

View user profile

2 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:59 pm

avatar
As I said before I deleted it (Leena beat me to the punch it would seem) I think making rain clouds, which would grant you access to rain and clouds thus fog, would be fine but it does get much more difficult when it comes to wind and lightning as atop water that would put your semblance in the multi element ban area. ^^


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

3 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:41 pm

avatar
Richard Lionheart wrote:As I said before I deleted it (Leena beat me to the punch it would seem) I think making rain clouds, which would grant you access to rain and clouds thus fog, would be fine but it does get much more difficult when it comes to wind and lightning as atop water that would put your semblance in the multi element ban area. ^^

I think It'll only be rain and fog, then. I'm not entirely sure. The two hardest things for me are Semblance and the Weapon I have.

Here's the link to my OC. If you want more info.

-Ps Feedback would be appreciated! :D

http://www.rwbyrpg.com/t2551-jasmine-levesque-constantly-improved-still-updating-still-wip

View user profile

4 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:55 pm

avatar
Only things  I can see is that with your weapon forms, while a weapon can also be armour I wouldn't recommend listing it as "weapon form one" and "weapon form two" I'd probably separate it into "Armour form" that being the case and "Weapon Form" seeing as you only get one starting weapon form to start with, but an armour is okay to transform into a weapon or the reverse. You also need to specify if it is physical or dust resistant ^^ I really do like your app and look forward to rping with you in the future!

Also, explaining that your weather control is just making rainclouds then rather than just having "basic weather control" is important. Less importantly you do have just one more stat point to invest, you have 12 then aura bonus can grant +1 if you take it, and with your fears and dislikes there is some overlap. This is fine but you do need to have 3 individual fears/dislikes but you can use the double ups to count for one of the two E.g. father could be taken as fear, grimm as dislike, in the counting to three. By that logic you just need one more dislike! I think that's all I've got for fixes ^^ I just did a brief scan as it's late in my timezone but I think your app is real good, just got the usual tiny fixes that come with first time apps on the site!


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

5 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:58 pm

avatar
Richard Lionheart wrote:Only things  I can see is that with your weapon forms, while a weapon can also be armour I wouldn't recommend listing it as "weapon form one" and "weapon form two" I'd probably separate it into "Armour form" that being the case and "Weapon Form" seeing as you only get one starting weapon form to start with, but an armour is okay to transform into a weapon or the reverse. You also need to specify if it is physical or dust resistant ^^ I really do like your app and look forward to rping with you in the future!

Also, explaining that your weather control is just making rainclouds then rather than just having "basic weather control" is important. Less importantly you do have just one more stat point to invest, you have 12 then aura bonus can grant +1 if you take it, and with your fears and dislikes there is some overlap. This is fine but you do need to have 3 individual fears/dislikes but you can use the double ups to count for one of the two E.g. father could be taken as fear, grimm as dislike, in the counting to three. By that logic you just need one more dislike! I think that's all I've got for fixes ^^ I just did a brief scan as it's late in my timezone but I think your app is real good, just got the usual tiny fixes that come with first time apps on the site!


Thank you so much! I really appreciate your feedback and will update accordingly! And I look forward to rping with you too :D

View user profile

6 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:03 pm

avatar
Richard Lionheart wrote:Only things  I can see is that with your weapon forms, while a weapon can also be armour I wouldn't recommend listing it as "weapon form one" and "weapon form two" I'd probably separate it into "Armour form" that being the case and "Weapon Form" seeing as you only get one starting weapon form to start with, but an armour is okay to transform into a weapon or the reverse. You also need to specify if it is physical or dust resistant ^^ I really do like your app and look forward to rping with you in the future!

Also, explaining that your weather control is just making rainclouds then rather than just having "basic weather control" is important. Less importantly you do have just one more stat point to invest, you have 12 then aura bonus can grant +1 if you take it, and with your fears and dislikes there is some overlap. This is fine but you do need to have 3 individual fears/dislikes but you can use the double ups to count for one of the two E.g. father could be taken as fear, grimm as dislike, in the counting to three. By that logic you just need one more dislike! I think that's all I've got for fixes ^^ I just did a brief scan as it's late in my timezone but I think your app is real good, just got the usual tiny fixes that come with first time apps on the site!

Just updated accordingly. Thanks again! :D

View user profile

7 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:04 am

avatar
Not a bother! It looks real good, especially now that I've had time to have a proper scan I can't see any more faults! Should be good to go whenever you decide you're done :)


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

8 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:33 pm

avatar
Richard Lionheart wrote:Not a bother! It looks real good, especially now that I've had time to have a proper scan I can't see any more faults! Should be good to go whenever you decide you're done :)

Glad you don't see any faults! I've tried really hard on this character, and I'm happy to hear positive feedback! Thank you so much! :D

I have someone on deviant art, drawing my character. Should I wait for that before being ready for approval? Or should I go now? And what do I do? Do I just set the name to Jasmine Levesque (Ready for Approval?) Or do I put it in another topic? :o

View user profile

9 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:52 pm

avatar
Yeah yeah you've done fine in just changing the title ^^ Side note, don't post on other people's apps only staff are supposed to do that. With the whole commissioning an artist it's up to you, really it depends how long you think they're going to take and how willing you are to wait for the piece? If it's based off the current image you've got in the app or is similar then it should be fine but if it's quite different it may be worth waiting a bit, regardless I will check with leena to be certain and if I can approve it straight away before the image is done. Tell me if it's similar and stuff and I'll post here with what I find out ^^


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

10 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:55 pm

avatar
Richard Lionheart wrote:Yeah yeah you've done fine  in just changing the title ^^ Side note, don't post on other people's apps only staff are supposed to do that. With the whole commissioning an artist it's up to you, really it depends how long you think they're going to take and how willing you are to wait for the piece? If it's based off the current image you've got in the app or is similar then it should be fine but if it's quite different it may be worth waiting a bit, regardless I will check with leena to be certain and if I can approve it straight away before the image is done. Tell me if it's similar and stuff and I'll post here with what I find out ^^

Oh sorry didn't know! Glad I do now. X'D Probably should've thought about that. ._.

I'd say the piece would be similar, and he told me it could take around three days. But I'm not entirely sure if he's going to do my request, or someone else's. He said he'd only do three. So I private messaged him, and he said he'd do it. It'll be a similar image. But I'd like a more accurate faceclaim, if anything. Y'know? To have that final touch.

View user profile

11 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:56 pm

avatar
Richard Lionheart wrote:Yeah yeah you've done fine  in just changing the title ^^ Side note, don't post on other people's apps only staff are supposed to do that. With the whole commissioning an artist it's up to you, really it depends how long you think they're going to take and how willing you are to wait for the piece? If it's based off the current image you've got in the app or is similar then it should be fine but if it's quite different it may be worth waiting a bit, regardless I will check with leena to be certain and if I can approve it straight away before the image is done. Tell me if it's similar and stuff and I'll post here with what I find out ^^

Also, if the artist does indeed do my OC. Do I have to link the FC, the artist's profile, and say who did it? Because I think I'd have to, obviously cause I didn't do it, and giving credit would be great. But I'm just unsure. X'D

View user profile

12 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:58 pm

avatar
Yeah, should be the case for the one you've got now actually now I think about it but you would have to throw up an origin more than just the link ^^ It's no bother, on the app thing! Find out about the commission and if you are willing to wait then I would recommend it. Soon as I hear from leena I'll reply with a Y/N on before it's completed. If they're similar though I doubt it would be too much of a bother


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

13 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:00 pm

avatar
Richard Lionheart wrote:Yeah, should be the case for the one you've got now actually now I think about it but you would have to throw up an origin more than just the link ^^ It's no bother, on the app thing! Find out about the commission and if you are willing to wait then I would recommend it. Soon as I hear from leena I'll reply with a Y/N on before it's completed. If they're similar though I doubt it would be too much of a bother

Thank you so much! :D Without you helping me I'd be lost. X'D

View user profile

14 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:01 pm

avatar
It's my job -w- nothing to worry about XD


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

15 Re: Is this a banned semblance? on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:03 pm

avatar
Richard Lionheart wrote:It's my job -w- nothing to worry about XD

Well you do darn good at it. X'D

-Shut up and take my money!

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum