You are not connected. Please login or register

LIGHTNING STRIKES THE BEACH (RAID/Open-To-Eight-Not-Just-Six)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

avatar
Sea Dragon Grimm HP:??? Level 8
Beach HP:1170/1250

The sun beat down on Bellmuse as though it were mere meters above the city, intense heats such as this were nothing new to the island nation however. Every summer the citizens and hunters alike, now on their summer leave from school, would descend on the beaches in an attempt to escape the heat. The woods, despite the shade they provided, were just much too humid; the hot air would get trapped beneath the cover and never be able to ascend. With ice and water dust yes, one could evade the heat indoors, but the additional expense made it unappealing. So to the beach it was! They'd make a day of it! Being an island resulted in a vast area of coast, the beach encircled the whole island and was easy to access. Plenty of space for all of the city's occupants... but this had lead to a particular problem. What if those across the beach were sent into panic and uproar?

The west beach, home to the most popular tavern on the island, was overrun. Men, women, children, human, faunus and android alike had begun to mingle on the sand. Games to be had, drinks to be shared and shade to be fought over. Some had decided to migrate out to the sea... against better judgment. The tide had begun to rapidly recede, the result of which was waves drawing the smaller dinghies and inflatable ships further and further out to sea. The resulting panic from their owners, sending out shortwave radio communication from the larger wooden and metal boats to the lifeguards for aid, had lead to an evil presence brewing at sea. It was with the crying of a baby on one of the rubber dinghies that the brew was concentrated, taking form and rising from the water. The resulting ripples rocked even the largest of boats. Like some phantom black hair which had escaped the raiser's slice it loomed tall and obvious on the empty sea.

Those on the coast, the common civilians and shoreside visitors, grew into a petrified panic upon slowly catching site of the creature. The beast was a killometer away and yet it's size was still apparent even to them, it was longer than even the hunting academy on the mountain tops, the ripples it's wings sent out against the receding tide almost seemed to negate the sea's retracting action and force water back onto the shore. A siren broke the terrified silence, screams and panic were made from thought to action. The public ran from the shoreline, dropping their possessions as they attempted to escape the mounting threat on the horizon. Wings were drawn wide, heavy flaps sent the sea rippling back toward the beach and forced the ships to rock further and the waves further inland... it was as if the beast was delighted by the response. Curled whiskers began to spark, jaws widened and revealed an orb of pulsing yellow light within; nearing the harshness and intensity of the sun that shone above above. The shockwave, set to be unleashed upon the boats, was at the last moment redirected by the beast's glee. The boats surrounding it were mere waves of fear when compared to the monsoon of panic on the beach! Lashing it's head forward the beam shot forth long and true; cutting along the water and turning it to steam, eventually reaching the sand! Intense plasma heat turned the grains the ray made contact with to glass, civilians throwing themselves into the air to escape the blast!

But with that it's wings folded back inward, assimilating back into the thin beast's body, before it dove down into the depths once more. It seemed to almost move in a wide zig zagging pattern, rounding left to right nearly five times in order to make just one of those distances forward. The beast was taunting those on the beach, waiting for their fear to build to it's highest point. Those in the mechanical boats had begun attempting to rescue those in lighter craft and were heading further out to sea in an attempt to escape the monster while it's attention was drawn elsewhere. The only way off the west beach, at least in close distance to those on it, was a set of concrete steps. While they were usually thought of of quite wide, in this panic it was all too clear they weren't wide enough. Their ridged design meant people would stumble. Some attempted to scale the hillside instead.

But for those trapped on the beach, be them trampled or still petrified... the hunters that hung among would be their only hope of safety. But would they have their weapons on this hot resting day? Did they see reason to bring them? Probably not, reliance on semblance and tactics was much more likely! But what tactics could one use? The beast was still out of range of aura and conventional weaponry! All they could hope to do is form a beach head, defend the civilians until they were out of the beast's range!

Special Hunt, Defensive Hunt!:
In this encounter you are unable to damage the grimm greatly, due to it's significant distance from the beach! You must hold out for a unknown number of the grimm's posts, taking it's fire with your own bodies or using weapons/semblances/dust to help in lessening the damage! You could even try drawing the Grimm's fire, but must think back to your classes on how you may be able to do such! The beach hp is representative of the HP of the Civilians on the beach, attempting to escape! The higher the hp the more you save! Currently one blast has struck the beach and thrown civilians, thus lowering it's hp even before you have started. This thread will use the Class/Plot posting structure of "People can post after two people in topics greater than five members,"

View user profile
avatar
Tch. Why had working with kids like he had softened him up. This, plus his parents insistence that they knew about him activities, GAH! All of that was just a massive pain in Ishi's arse. He had decided to go to the beach, sword in tow as he was a paranoid prick. He was laying on the beach, in a pair of jeans and sandals, without his armor, for the first time in forever.  He couldn't have picked a worse day, though. Not only was it hot outside, it was loud. He was originally planning on buggering off and leaving the beach. That was going to be the plan, but things were never so easy.

However, that decidedly changed when things started moving and large beasty came out the water at a reasonably reasonable speed. The shirtless Ishi Omo was unhappy, as this was supposed to be a relaxing day at the beach. Not quite.

"I'm a teacher at the academy! I will protect you, but you have to stay calm! I will do everything in my power to stop this beast from hurting us anymore." Ishi yelled, as he got up and pulled his blade from under his towel. He saw the blast himself, but made his panic less obvious. He had to become Isane, just one more time. For the good of the people.

He'd start this attempted saving by running to those injured by the blast and start healing them. He'd use his semblance to get those who couldn't walk due to leg injuries to get a move on towards the steps.

"Someone manage the steps!"

OOC: Aura= 180/200 for healing the beach...I guess?

View user profile
avatar
Salzem was among the crew of citizens enjoying the summer beach at this time of day with his room-mate Aiko, for once not bringing his cloak or gun with him. He decided he earned a day of cooling off, especially from this heat and, ironically, this was where the greatest danger Sal had ever faced had rose from. As he was making his way towards the waves, he looked out across the ocean and the largest creature he'd ever seen... this massive water-dragon-serpent thing let off a massive blast of energy across the beach, sending people flying into the air and glassing the ground where it struck. Luckily, Salzem was a reasonable distance away from the blast and only suffered the bare-edge of the shockwave, pushing him back a bit in the sand.

He stared in shock and awe at the utter devastation this creature had brought seemingly casually, before the creature dove back down into the water, it's presence only obvious by the swirling of it's movements. By now, the whole beach had reached utter pandemonium, panic spreading across the dunes as a virus would through the body, rapidly and ignorantly. People ran, trampled over each other as Salzem watched, still in shock, others attempting to crawl to safety with their wounds dragging them down.

It was when a voice shot above the panic did the young hunter snap out of his shock, the voice of a teacher telling someone to manage the stairs. He looked back and saw the utter coagulated madness that was the entrance to the beach, most pushing and shoving to get to the top, others attempting to scale the hills in some futile attempt to flee. Salzem shivered.... afraid for his life.... and he ran... right for the stairs. Not a second later, his shadow manifested behind him, it's arms outstretched. Within a moment or two he managed to get to the steps, helping up those who had fallen or were too wounded to stand on their own. Children were among those breaking for the exit, little kids who had no way to survive the onslaught of this beast, let alone the panicked scramble up the steps. Several were already mixed in with the adults running, but more were pushed to the back.... apparently a collective low-priority.

Cringing with effort to maintain his semblance (what with the noon sun beating down upon his darkness), Salzem's shadow's arms extended, grabbing up a kid in each hand and placing then at the top of the steps then moving onto the next pair. Between the strain of the sun and how TANGLED everyone was up here, it was INSANELY difficult to make any substantial headway at the stairs and so... Salzem abandoned them, focusing more on the people heading his way. He helped up a woman who's leg was burned by the blast several meters away from the steps, draping her arm over his neck and placing her hand on her side as his shadow picked up her kids, slowly making his way back to the exit. It was the best he could do right now, though he knew it wasn't much. He did his best to forget the HUGE monster circling the ocean right now, trying to focus on his work... but he could almost feel it's teeth raking across his back.

Aura: 175

-25 from summoning summon

View user profile
avatar
Aikomi was the one casually laying on a beach towel, her legs crossed, happily drawing the landscape. She was used to drawing people, so she's decided she would draw the beach this time. On one of her brief look-ups, she saw Salzem, her room-mate.
'Oh hey, that's Sal! Not wearing his cloak for once, I see...'
She got up, hitching Pen and Paper to her sides and beginning to run to him, soon slowing down to stand and stare in.. shock... At the massive thing in the water.  She simply lifted a finger and pointed at it, saying every curse under the blazing hot sun before raising her voice, only loud enough for her to hear it.
"What in the bloody hell is that frickin' thing!?"

Repeating a certain swear as a beam of lightning carved its way through people, glassing the sand, and actually striking a bit of fear in the young huntress. She pulled out Paper- Pen would do no good here, and extended it out into the large shield. She supposed she would have to play shield for now, unless a beefier person walked up to this challenge.
It was at least a kilometre out, so Andromeda wasn't doing anything. All she could do right now was try to save the civilians. A real test of their skills, at last.

Perhaps an easier test would'e been better a first...

Aikomi, for once, blocked out her emotions for the greater good, raising her voice above the screaming to make a calm announcement.
"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! You know the drill, people! Keep CALM and it'll probably go away!"
Of course, very, very few people listened to her, most choosing to run and scream and all that jazz, so Aikomi instead dashed over to an empty portion of the beach where nobody else stood, and started giggling like a madman, thinking about how fun it would be to kill that Dragon. Whether or not she could, and whether or not she acted like a beacon of emotion she didn't know, or care. She just wanted to be a slight distraction, since she didn't imagine many others could conjure up emotions as... "Potent" as her own.

View user profile
avatar
Walking his way toward the east beach a Fox Faunus named Ray, seen wearing an ice blue trailblazer with matching pants. It was one of the strangest things anybody could see one wearing on the hot, humid, sunny day. Upon his, back a massive blade wrapped in leather, which he had to carry in an angle as due to it being taller than he is. His only reasoning for carrying the sword was to get used to its size and weight upon arriving at the beach. He took the blade off his back and laid it on the sand as he made his way to the water as he began to undo his trailblazer. He looked in the distance. And noticed a serpent like Dragon

“What the hell is that?” he said just before a beam of energy hit the sand, he watched as civilians were thrown about from the shockwave. He covered his eyes with his arm as the cloud of sand came his way. The sand cloud passed, seeing the aftermath a streak of sand had crystallized into glass. his thoughts began to run wild about to run like everyone else, forgetting that he too was training to deal with a situation as such this, a couple of calm shouts from several people snapped in back to reality “Damm it! I am a coward. I almost ran for the hills.” He shouted to himself in his thoughts before swiftly running back to his blade lifting it. He swiftly flicks his thumb on the buckle, allowing the giant leather canvas to fall to the ground.

Noticing several others helping the injured that been trampled or hit by the blast, Ray followed their lead and began to run to the nearest civilian. He noticed that their leg had turned in the completely wrong direction from the knee down helping the person to sit up. He stabbed his sword Bellringer into the sand with the side of the blade facing the ocean, acting as a shield, Ray instantly noticed it was dislocated without and with out consulting. He swiftly snapped it back into the socket the man let out a yell of pain and again without consulting he draped the man over his shoulder as he dragged his sword toward the exit. He set the man down, Ray then noticed several people unconscious at the stairs

“Okay, this is out of control.” He thought holding Bellringer at his left hip. He swung it skyward using his semblance to increase its speed to the speed of sound creating a loud Crack and Boom, hoping that that had gathered some of the civilian’s attention. “Everyone Calm Down Walk Up The Stairs, Stop Running When You Hit the Top Run Inland Beach Side Building Are Still Dangerous.” He yelled before breaking off to help a small family that was near the energy blast, all of whom seem to be unconscious unable to carry the entire family Ray stood in place guarding them with Bellringer, acting as a temporary shield.

Information
Attacks Commenced: N/A
Damage Calculated: N/A

Stats
STR: 5: (+1 Power aura type) (40 with weapon) Physical Damage
DEF: 1: 5 Physical Damage
RES: 1: 5 Dust Defense
SPT: 5: 25 Dust Damage
Speed: 8: 4 attacks

HP 150/150
Aura 130/150 -20 Semblance used



Last edited by Ray Kurama Allen on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar edits)

View user profile
avatar
A Tavern! Certainly wasn't no bullet train ride or fancy rest-aur-ant-e, but those types of places didn't exactly offer their services to him, let alone let him make a reservation or buy a ticket. Bil was among the drinkers there at the bar when everything had begun to ‘hit the proverbial fan’ as it were. With the loud pounding and screaming going on outside the tavern he couldn't exactly relax... Especially with the shouting 'it’s a Grimm! it's a Grimm!'.

Bil seemed to struggle, clanking around the doo dads in his coat for his gun, fiddling with the position of the holster on the inside of his coat for a few moments, feeling around for the silver revolver. Staring at the shore as he did so in a manner far too relaxed in spite of the situation. As he did so, the drunken cowboy nearly fell over, squeezing out an audible 'Ohh.' as he tried to regain his balance, switching arms to inspect the left side of his coat. “...Oh. No guns. Guess I can improvise… Nuff’ sand down th-*Hic* there. Lemme’ see now.” He’d slide down the stair railing past the panicked public, almost falling over as he skidded down the metal rail, until he finally hit the soft hot surface of salty beige sand. “Let’s give ‘em some cover. should do some good. You nice folk here find some place to hide.” He belched, speaking aloud to himself.

The drunk hobbled, shuffling his feet and stumbling in the sand towards the shore at a fast pace until he found himself walking across the rough hot glass that had been born from plasma. He kicked up more sand off the ground until the dust seemed to accumulate around him, following him as he marched on forward, twisting and swirling, then, at the snap of a finger all that sand came to life in a howling cacophony of wind.

Howling torrents pushed it around him like a small tornado that grew exponentially the more it created, pushing it around Bil like a miniature tornado had started right up. Then, at the audible crack of his thumb, the storm was pushed outward. Growing and building itself up on the sand on the beach. Like a big, sore, spinning thumb of sand with gaps and fractures in it. With the direction of his hand, the storm stretched far and wide, giving the coast some cover, be it only temporary.

The weather forecast hadn’t called for any Grimm raining fire unto the shore, though it didn’t exactly call for man-made sandstorms either…

Aura Spent: 20 to defend da beech
Current Aura: 130

Summary:

1. Drunk Billy sees and barely understands whats going on.
2. Drunk Billy looks for his gun and fails to find it in time.
3. Slide down the stairs from the boardwalk onto the beach.
4. Dovahkiin, dovahkiin, dovah needs some sardines, dovah haas, dovah keen blaahbaalbaaalbhaaablaah.
5. Shuffles and stumbles through the sand (He looks like he’s dancing or something)
6. A sandstorm is born. He uses it to protect the beach.

View user profile
avatar
Sea Dragon Grimm HP:??? Level 8 Spt Based. Def/Res: ???
Beach HP:1190/1250

If the beach weren't a mess a moment ago, it certainly was now. A sandstorm had erupted, a sonic boom had been let out above the beach and, not that the grimm could notice this, a phantom or grimm like creature was grasping at children. Perhaps the wise hunter and teacher shouting, maybe the one who produced the sonic boom followed by further orders, had helped but the sandstorm and the summon were more debatable. Neither of their owners had made an attempt to explain their actions to the other hunters, nor the civilians around them. With the Shadow-Beast yes children were being moved, but taken from the area near their parents and placed next to rushing strangers! As the Shadow-Beast stood on the stairs people had begun to push away from it in a panic; unable to differentiate it from some other form of grimm due to the lack of explanation! No one had time to look at it's actions, they were charging for safety! Lives were on the line! As a result the stairs had become even more cramped as people attempted to edge around it; pushing into each other, though this certainly lessened as the boy and his monster abandoned the task to help those still stuck on the beach.

The sandstorm was a double edged sword, on one hand it had created a barrier; on the other the beast's seeming ability to create a gale and blow back the waves suggested it could be the Grimm's work rather than a hunters! Those in front of the sandstorm were trapped, back to a sandstorm they thought the beast had created and front to the waves! The only ones in range to defend them were the cowboy, potentially moving up closer to the water in order to cover a clearer area or diving before the civilians, and the girl who had chosen to go of to a less populated area of the beach. She could likely dash out and attempt to defend and encourage those with their backs to the storm! None of this was aided by the terrain however, the tide had been out for some time and as a result mobility was being hampered. The speeding faunus would begin to notice this especially, through running and exerting such force one would sink deeper into the sand and ultimately be slowed. This made it wise to make, when intercepting, jumps with snatches rather than running grabs!

But their reactions and actions all depended on one giant factor... what did the beast think of their grand display? Now, to give it some credit; this beast was not lacking in intelligence. Most grimm of it's size had at least some iota of a mental capacity and this beast was no exception; but at this range the beast's understanding and view were certainly... limited. Still nearly a kilometre away, people were mere specs on the beach from that distance. It had stopped twisting through the water upon the sound of the sonic boom, rising once more from the depths and drawing it's wings.

With a well placed flap, soaring high above the water with tremendous force, a wave was sent forth! Winds rushed ahead of it, surprising the civilians trapped between the sandstorm and the water into turning seaward. On the horizon before them was a towering wave; five meters tall and four wide! Moving impossibly quickly! It raced toward them behind the winds, though was prime for interception. While no blast would stop the wave entirely the hunters could certainly slow it and weaken it as it approached. Perhaps the choice could be made to intercept with one's own body to set it off course, at the risk of one's own health of course.

The beast was paying surprisingly little attention to the hunters themselves, their confidence seemed to make them almost invisible at this range, but in particular it's attacks seemed to tend away from the isolate girl. Perhaps this was just because she was so alone, thus even if she were to be scared her beacon of fear was much lesser than the flaming crowd of screaming weak citizens... or maybe it was simply that she was thinking too positively about tearing the beast asunder. Whether intentional or not the though and ideas of her tearing apart the beast, rather than it tearing apart her, were acting as a repellent. As it rose from the water the beast's primary target was clear; closer to the faunus male, the doctor and the hunter with the summon were; the stairs! Where the civilians were concentrated! With a deafening roar it's mouth began to glow electric yellow once more, whiskers sparking.

Rather than release a single long beam it shot forth three short blasts; one aimed to the left set of stairs, one to the centre banister area and one to the right. All three of these passed directly through the top of Billy's sandstorm however, a quarter of their power being sapped by the semblance and glass fragments falling to the ground as a result of the scorching. Thus ceasing the storm momentarily at least! It was only when they exited through the storm however that the civilians and hunters on the other side were able to see the shining bolts on the approach! Mere meters from them with little time for reaction! It was fortunate that the doctor was so close also, to aid in this inevitable tragedy.

Perhaps the speeding faunus would notice, perhaps he would not, but the grimm also seemed to have no interest in the unconscious civilians the doctor had been tending to. This was because, while unconscious, no fear or anger or sadness could be felt! They were in a neutral state.

Author's Note:
Author's Note; Of the four attacks made the wave is the only one not to have currently passed through the sandstorm and been reduced, thus it will do the full 80 before stats (or just 80 if it hits civilians) rather than the 60 those which have passed through will. All of the showcased attacks deal in spt vs res based damage as the blasts are closer to dust attacks than physical ones.

Ishi, simply subtract it this next post post, but healing is 30 aura for 20 healing not 20 for 20. I've decided you can just fully do this to the civilians or your allies once per post without reduction or drawback for civilians! Do remember this thread works on the class/plot post structure so you can post after 2 people have, no a full order ^^

View user profile
avatar
Salzem had managed to get the people he was escorting up and out of the beach by the time the sandstorm hit, an attack that not one of them was prepared for. Salzem squinted his eyes and gritted his teeth trying is best not to be blinded by the blast of sand. What was going on...? Where had this blast come from...? The stairs were still crowded with people fleeing to leave and, although it was better than it was, the storm wasn't exactly helping in that regard. It blinded all by the grimm that fed on fear, an emotion abundant in the immediate population.

Speaking of immediate, the hunter saw a light shine cruelly through the dusty veil, a light that that signified an attack from the monster... Realizing this at the last minute and also realizing he couldn't get out of the way in time (or leave the people to take the brunt of it), Salzem crossed his arms over his face, his shadow slipping in front of him and doing the same as the lightning blast ripped across the sand, glassing it and striking them both.

The shadow did it's best to sustain itself in the face of the monster's immense power but it was simply WAY too much for the creature of dark to handle and the blast then jumped to Sal. He screamed in pain as the lightning shot through him, sending him flying back into the wall beside the stairs, his body twitching with excess electricity, stars and dark-spots clouding his vision. If that blast had come at full power and had he not gotten his shadow in the way in time, Salzem would've been dead or severely wounded and the people...? they would be dead... As for the other two blasts, he could do nothing for those civilians... He turned away and closed his eyes as the blasts fired past, hoping that someone could save them... Those on the stairs would continue to flee, the encouragement of a direct assault on them making them move faster and surprisingly more coordinated. The steps leading up were about half empty from what Salzem could see, no longer crowded and were clearing out much more quickly now....

At least... he did something... Somehow, that didn't provide any satisfaction...

(So... I'm assuming since the shadow has like 20 health, it was able to take 20 more power off the Grimm's blasts. Sal's resistance is 4 with his aura and has aura armor but I can't find where to calculate how much that takes off. If the mod would be so kind and tell me in his next post, I will make calculations in mine X3)

View user profile
avatar
For those only interested in my contribution in the raid, you may skip to the second part as the first is only character progression.


1-Even after travelling across the many seas covering the world of Remnant alongside her father, there was nothing that could have prepared Madis for this. Absolutely nothing. Had she been so lucky her entire life to never encounter something quite like this, or was it fate that decided that on the day she would need to face against this new enemy? The heat of Bellmuse during the summer felt as if she was under the harsh desert sun of Vacuo, but there she stood by the cove leading to what would be one day her lair, a black swimsuit covering her violet skin while her face was oriented towards the sun. At this time of the day the cliff wasn't casting its shadow upon the water of the lagoon-like formation which infuriated the young woman slightly. How eager was she that her base of operation would be over so she could relax in a cold and humid cave like structure. Daydreaming about this day that would come sooner or later, she hardly noticed her second in command joining her on the rock Madis was standing on, but he made his presence clear by clacking his pincer as he approached. Looking towards him with her amethyst eyes and a smile slowly carving unto her face. "Is there something you need Tyler? I hope the constructions are going well." The tall man, who was towering over the girl, nodded slowly before returning the smile. "Everything is going well milady. Actually I came to report that our men were able to find a series of tunnels under the cliff. While it made the water of the sea pour into them, we'll have less digging to do which will greatly reduce the time and effort needed to complete the lair." This news brought immense joy to Madis. For a week the workers have been trying to dig into the rock which was incredibly hard. Of course this would make for a great defensive front, but the initial effort to make it a base was arduous and quite a problem. "Good, I'm glad to hear it! Finally we get good news from all this work. I was beginning to get worried that we would move forward in all this." Madis let out a sigh of relief before turning to look at the small entrance that has been dug into the sturdy rock wall. She was mentally drawing plans for the facility, with a dock for the shipments, a barrack for the troupes, an infirmary and all the other necessary installations to make this cave in the cove base.
While deep in her thoughts, only now the words of a commotion at the western beach of the island reached the ears of those that were patrolling the area to avoid unwanted guests to wander near the construction zone that the cove turned into during the last week. Quickly the alert was brought to one of Madis' commander who made her way to her leader as fast as she could as the urgent matter would be playing against them at one point or another. The green haired girl finally reached the top of the cliff before waving in the direction of the calamari woman and the man standing next to her, calling their names to get their attention. Both of them turned around and looked up when their eyes met with the girl's diving figure as she reached the water before coming back up gasping for air. With all the running she did the small woman, in comparison with the two others, didn't stop to catch her breath before jumping with athletic skill. "Ma'am, we got an emergency...gasp...the beach, it's under attack by one of those... one of those huge sea serpent! It's the chaos there, people running and screaming!" The purple-ish woman looked back and forth between her two comrades before she began to think of a way to deal with the situation. While some would wonder why her of all people would go help innocents when she had bigger plans to work on, what use would there be to them if everything she ought to destroy was already gone by the hand of something else before she was ready? Plus, wouldn't helping the good guys provide her with a great cover if anyone would suspect her of any mischievous deed in the future? This was a good opportunity, if not a great one, and it would be a waste to let it slide like that. The man with the pincer was the one to break the silence of his leader's thoughts as he turned to her in order to ask her a simple question from which he expected no simple answer. "So what are you going to do milady? I can get the men ready in 5. You'd be ready in less I hope Jade." He smirked to the small girl who lifted her head to give him a grimace. "I'm always ready Shrimpy, don't underestimate me! I may not be as battle ready as you are, but I can still be useful!" Madis giggled at the two before waving her hands at them like a mother towards quarreling children. "Alright you two, that's enough! Tyler, have the men on alert, but stay by the cove. Only intervene if the Grimm shows up by this side of the shoreline. If not, keep everyone working, we can't let this matter slow us down a single bit. Jade, grab a few agents with you and scout the beach. People of interest will surely be there and I want you to gather as much information about them as you can. We're in unknown territory and we need to know what we will be up against one day. Understood?"

2-The two commanders nodded before replying in unison right before her second in command would proceed with his question once more. "You haven't said what you'd do milady." Madis smirked to him before jumping in the water, her body submerged causing her legs to change and transform into a set of numerous tentacles while a pointy cap also form at the top of her head. Coming out of the water she faced her friends with determination sparkling in her eyes. "I will go give a head to those by the beach. With my better mobility than most in water, I'll try to get close to the serpent and attract its attention away from the beach." Diving back into the water before giving enough time for her subordinates to protest against the bold strategy, Madis swam as fast as she could and made her way towards the beach. Using her tentacles like propellers at the rear of a boat and following the coast as close as possible, it took the squid woman a couple of minute to finally reach the beach by sight and could now see the amount of chaos caused by the beast while also being able to see the creature itself. Now not as sure as if taking the Grimm head on by herself was a good idea, but what were the odds of someone else having a similar agility in water than her? Probably as slim as the tip of her tentacles in all honesty. While Madis was trying to psyche herself up for the task at hand, the sea serpent managed to create a large wave that was heading straight for the beach and all its occupants, tsunami level of wave. While there was some sort of sand barrier by the shore, surely it wouldn't be enough to stop a thing of that size. She had an idea, some way to at least reduce the strength of the incoming watery battering ram, but she'd have to be quick about it. Directing her course in between the moving wave and the sandy beach, she stayed underwater to avoid being set off course by the currents caused by the movements of the massive beast. It wasn't as easy as she had hoped for, especially with the tsunami approaching at a rather fast rate for something of that size, but she would make it although way too close for her liking.
Reaching her destination, Madis began to secret ink from her hand, causing a small cloud of the black liquid to form underwater and with a motion of her finger, a giant purple tentacle emerged from the cloudy waters and while its size hardly rivaled the one from the incoming wave, surely it wouldn't go unnoticed by those present. While she wasn't quite expecting to totally stop it, guiding the tentacle with her finger like a maestro do with his wand and an orchestra, the woman oriented her summoned appendage to strike at the incoming waters horizontally in an attempt to attack the structural formation of the wave. It ought to do something at least, but only time would tell the effect of her action. Meanwhile Madis would resume her swim toward the serpent, both to close the distance between them and also avoiding the possibility of the tsunami to crash on top of her if she'd succeed in destabilizing it enough. Surely this would only be the start of a great clash, the serpent and the kraken would meet as in tales of old, hopefully the latter wouldn't end up as food.

Stats
STR: 2
DEF: 3+T1 Arm.
RES: 3+T1 Arm.
SPT: 4
SPD: Avg+Aura-> Abv. Avg

HP:240/240
Aura:30/60

Actions: Summoned The Kraken's Wrath for 30 Aura in an attempt to smash the wave.



Last edited by Madis Aster on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total


_________________
"Here comes the rising tides, may the sea engulfs all and beyond~"
View user profile
avatar
Coming to the realization, that there was no attack heading for the small family he guarded. Ray turned to see a massive wave heading to the beach, and just on the edge of the water on the other side of the sandstorm were a few civilians trapped. Ray turned his head and noticed a staggering figure in the middle of the sandstorm “he must be creating this sandstorm,” he thought in anger, spinning around. He grabs Bellringer. Ripping it from the same with both hands, he then proceeded to level his blade off pointing toward the wave. Raising the blade as he aimed it, he brought the sword around to his left shoulder the muscles within his arms and hands began bulging along with the veins. His aura had engulfed his arms and the blade before he swiftly spun in a 360 “Take This And Like It.” Ray roared out towards the wave his eyes now resembled that cats in shape and the color a dark shade of orange, as he released a sonic boom along with a concussion that followed suit.

Not wasting time to see if his attack had made contact with the wave, Ray turned toward the cowboy, “Hey Cowboy Make Some Openings for the Civilian Trapped at the waters front.” Ray had shouted before noticing a bolt of energy, strike a person he believed to be a Hunter. As he saw, pair of massive black arms emerge from the ground, forced to take his eyes off the Hunter, as he noticed another plasma bolt heading toward the evacuating crowd with citizens running as fast as he could, Ray got to the point where the plasma bolt would land holding his sword sideways over his shoulder. He waited for the plasma bolt to get within four feet of his current position once it had gotten within range;

Ray had slammed his sword into the plasma bolt with the flat of the sword it began to spark while in contact exerting all his strength within his arms once again plumping up. However, while keeping the plasma in contact with his sword the plasma still had plenty momentum, as Ray was slowly being pushed back. and the stand beneath him was not helping, He continued to hold it but not for very long as he pushed himself further than he had ever done. The consequences were blood vessels popping the pores on both arms let a bit of blood leak to the surface. However, He then recalled some physics that he studied at home swiftly tilting the sword he attempted to redirect the attack. He hoped that the attack would do what he was going for. hoping it to land harmlessly in a clear sandy area without citizens as his strength began to drain his attention switch to something black in the water. However, Ray was unable to see what it was, he returned his focus to his aura control as well as the plasma bolt “I need some assistance here.” Ray yelled in a panic

Information
Attacks Commenced: N/A
Damage Calculated: N/A

Stats
STR: 5: (+1 Power aura type) (40 with weapon) Physical Damage
DEF: 1: 5 Physical Damage
RES: 1: 5 Dust Defense
SPT: 5: 25 Dust Damage
Speed: 8: 4 attacks

HP 150/150
Aura 110/150 -20 Semblance used[/quote]



Last edited by Ray Kurama Allen on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar edits)

View user profile
avatar
He’ll give these other fellas one thing. They sure knew how to cause a racket when all things came down to it. That was their specialty, which caused a certain level of panic in a single individual so much as it might comfort the large crowd. Waves, sandstorms and all that shiut inbetween made it intrepidly hard to take things and roll with it. Not to mention, Ishi thought that he saw a massive tentacle somewhere. That didn’t matter. He had to deal with the people who were injured by both the sandstorm.

He had to heal them because what else would a doctor do in a time like this, but heal the people who were generally taking hits and such. He’d heal the civvies more than just the hunters, as they obviously knew what was happening and chose to raise up instead of run away in this situation. That was why they were hunters, or hunter wannabes. That was how things were to be done. THat was why this situation was going ‘well’ as it could be.

---
Aura: 140/200

Ishi kept healing people through sand and storm.

View user profile
avatar
Sea Dragon Grimm HP:??? Level 8 Spt Based. Def/Res: ???
Beach HP:1125/1250

Two of the three beams had met alternate targets, rather than the beachgoers they had been intended for. The first had met new targets twice, first powering through a creature made of shadow before the electricity burrowed into its master. Shielding the panicked civilians yes, but shocking those who watched as his body was electrocuted in their place. Golden pulses shaking throughout his frame as the shock struck him! It was as though a stray lightning bolt had impaled directly through both him and his beast. The second boy, the faunus boy, who had so valiantly attempted to redirect the beam's struggles were almost in vein. For you see; the extreme mass of electricity shot through the sand and leapt to his sword as he had hoped yes... but despite his swing the energy was so great and potent that it could not be rebounded. It traced up his sword and into his body, delivering a high power shock! He was fortunate the sandstorm was in its place for otherwise the shock would have been even more potent! It could have torn him apart even further. The third and final bolt struck the citizens on the beach, damaging the stairs and sending a small group flying off them! It was fortunate there was a doctor at their foot, still tending to the injured.

The wave, which had been launched prior the bolts, was being dealt with far less painfully than the lightning! The boy who had struck the waves first with his high-speed air projectile had indeed slowed it, weakening it, yet it continued to move forward. It was with the emergence of a giant, octopus-esq, tentacle that the wave was especially damaged. First the tentacle struck the wave, almost seeming to struggle with it for dominance; as if they were two stag in horn lock. But eventually the wave did break through, the force of it was extreme and though weakened by the faunuses blows it was simply too colossal! However, in taking the two blows and in crushing the tentacle, most of its power was dispersed! The wave appeared to have almost been broken or split down the middle, rather than one colossal wave assaulting the civilians, two much smaller waves smashed into the group ahead of the now calmed sandstorm.

The beach was slowly beginning to empty now, most people had successfully made their way toward the sand's end and toward the stairs, but the beast was far from finished! With the sandstorm now down it’s line of fire was clear! With a massive laser the beast shot a line across the top of the stairwell and the hills they climbed! Not only potentially damaging the civilians once more but also forcing many back onto the beach! That attack, so great it was, would force the stairs themselves to crumble if they were not defended! Even the hillside they lay up on, undoubtedly an area too large to defend, would take the brunt! Rocks began to cascade down the hillside creating a thin fog of dust and sand!

It was with knowledge of the panicking citizens on the beach, forced back by the initial shockwave, that the grimm primed it's next attack. While charging up more electricity it flapped it’s insect-like wings two more times! Two great waves, comparable to the last one, almost seemed to cut into the sea and expose its floor in the wake they left! The waves rushed toward the beach as it continued to charge electric based attacks! A second bright yellow sun from the beast's mouth almost seemed to be shining out through the dust, coming from that beast at sea. Ready to spill forth at any moment! But not yet!

Damage Notes:
To you Salzem, due to the addition of the sandstorm's screening as well as your summon the blast would be reduced to 40 before reaching you. Then on reduced by a further 25 due to armour and stats. Meaning you take 15 damage to your hp! Not so bad!

To Ray, while the attempt was a good one, your sword is of course made of metal and this is hard electricity.  After discussing with other staff members you are to take the damage, it’s 60 due to the now faded sandstorm before your resistance and any magical armour around your hands.

Madis and Ray, your attempt on the wave went great! Cooperating even though you two didn't mean to XD 20 of the 80 was taken off by ray's attack before an additional 25 was by Madis' own. Now down to 35 another ten was taken off in the actual destruction of Madis tentacle. Thus leaving only 25 to damage the civilians! This is not how it would work in a semblance on dust clash IC per say but due to the size of the wave and distance it has been allowed ^^ Good job



Last edited by Richard Lionheart on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarifying Fully The Final Charge of Electricity is Not Fired This Post, It Will be Next)

View user profile
avatar
After receiving the shock of his life, literally, due to his sword absorbed the plasma bolt Ray’s head hung. Hearing screaming coming from the stairs, he turns his head ever so slightly to see the staircase now a complete mess lifting his head looking to the sky as he did he released a breath of steam from his long and his ears acting like Jacob’s ladder electricity arcing from ear to ear.

Looking back toward where the dragon was he noticed another beam of energy heading for the civilians. coming from behind the dust cloud now knowing that his sword was like a lightning rod, he took a couple of steps back, setting the tip of the blade onto the sand before tightening his grip on Bellringer’s hilt at the same time flexing his back, shoulder, and biceps

Before activating his semblance disappearing from where he stood, with a thin line tracing to where he lifted Bellringer, and swiftly rotated on his heels. Using the momentum to throw Bellringer as far away from the stairs as possible before he then brought himself to an abrupt stop as he attempted to send out a small shockwave to the new wave threat

However, he knew his feeble little Shockwave was not going to do match back he knew he had to throw his sword to intercept the bigger threat. Noticing a child crying on the beach near the water Ray ran as fast as he could to get the kid out of danger. However, while doing all this he failed to notice his dislocated right shoulder and the torn ligaments in his left arm as his body fueled by pure adrenaline and endorphins. He felt no pain as he carried the kid to safety.

Information
Attacks Commenced: N/A
Damage Calculated: N/A

Stats
STR: 5: (+1 Power aura type) (40 with weapon) Physical Damage
DEF: 1: 5 Physical Damage
RES: 1: 5 Dust Defense
SPT: 5: 25 Dust Damage
Speed: 8: 4 attacks

HP 95/150 -55 HP
Aura 90/150 -20 Semblance used



Last edited by Ray Kurama Allen on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar edits)

View user profile
avatar
Still swimming at full speed in the direction of the sea serpent, Madis could feel that the tentacle she had summoned had just vanished, crushed by the waved it faced off again. It wasn't really surprising, she even expected it. As if a single attack from her, even at this proximity would do much on its own to stop such a massive body of water. At least the woman could feel that the wave had lessened in strength based on how the currents were moving now, although more than she would have thought from her intervention alone. Maybe someone else didn't something from the beach? She couldn't know and wouldn't stop herself in order to surface from the water just to get a glimpse of the shore, now wasn't the time, she had to get closer to the damn monster.
But what then? Sure she wanted to attract the Grimm's attention to herself so it wouldn't aim for the people on the beach, but how was she supposed to do so when she needed to regain enough strength to summon another of her signature giant appendage? She wouldn't be able to use it at its full potential anyway, not so soon. The faunus girl had to find a Plan B for when she'd meet with the dragon and fast. Although she would have been given more time to think as the beast created two more waves by flapping its wings, the winds digging into the water until the seabed was visible. This of course created an unforeseen gap that Madis wouldn't be able to cross easily unless she would swim upward through the waves yet again, those waves would be devastating if they reached the beach. Meanwhile, the woman could see the blight glow of the incoming electric beam that was about to be shot from the serpent's mouth as it radiated as strongly as the sun. Three massive attacks were to reached the beach and all the people still there and there wasn't a lot of time to decide what to do. While water was her element and that she despise anything close to resembling lightning in any form, Madis decided that she would focus on trying to disrupt the Grimm from firing at the beach. With how slow the waves were moving compared to how fast the energy beam would probably travel, others would be able to at least weaken the waves before they would reach shore.
Taking a moment to think, the squid faunus thought that maybe she could deal with both if she was fast enough. While she couldn't summon her tentacle yet to crash it into the incoming water, maybe if she threw herself into the moving body of water it would lessen it, for all that it was worth it surely would do something as little as it would be. The young woman could then resume her way to clash with the Grimm itself, hopefully. Swimming as fast as she could, Madis made her way upward to the surface and darted out of the water like a dolphin to collide with the wave, extending her tentacles to cover the widest area she could to disturb the wave as much as possible. Not stopping to see the result of her action, she continued forward and dived back into the water and tried to reach her maximum speed once more. With the Kupo of water left behind the first waves it was harder to catch up speed but she managed to go fast enough to launch herself in the same fashion than with the first one, colliding with it at its center. Going through with this tactic left the faunus weakened, panting from her minor yet present injury, she continued onward thinking of the next course of action.
The waves had taken Madis away from the Grimm, without them she would have potentially reached it but now she still had a way to go and it would be hard to stop it from unleashing its attack upon the innocents. There was only one thing that she could think about for getting the attention of the serpent while still swimming towards it and it was to simply be seen. Swimming closer to the surface and discarding any idea of a sneak attack, the woman began to leap from the water like a majestic dolphin once again, although this time it wasn't to crash into anything. Tracing arcs at the surface of the water, making splash noises as loud as she could with her body, it was her only idea for now.


Stats
STR: 2
DEF: 3+T1 Arm.
RES: 3+T1 Arm.
SPT: 4
SPD: Avg+Aura-> Abv. Avg

HP:240/240 for now
Aura:30/60

Actions: Crashing into both waves to reduce their strength, I'll await instruction before reducing my HP


_________________
"Here comes the rising tides, may the sea engulfs all and beyond~"
View user profile
avatar
Salzem blinked the red from his eyes, a curtain of which that fell over his vision after being throughly cooked by the beast's electric shock. His organs felt like they had been cooked over a fire, his bones ached as if they had been rammed against a pole and his skin crawled and burned like he had a bad 1st degree from the sun but over all... he was okay... He thought. The hunter attempted to get to his feet, an effort that didn't go as bad as he thought, only being met with a wave of nausia that nearly brought him to his knees. Luckily, nothing came up then or he'd be down on the ground. He grunted painfully, shivering as if he were frozen instead of burning, his vision blurred and his fingers being shocked as he brushed his skin against the metal buttons of his cloak.

As his view of the beach cleared, he noticed that the general population had been almost completely cleared now, only a few stragglers about... mostly wounded and those who somehow dodged the beast's attacks and came out unscathed. The other hunters dealt with the monster's blows as best they could and were buying time rather well... It was... encouraging... However, the creature was not done... not by a long shot... With a few flaps of it's mighty wings, the beast sent HUGE waves of water that ripped the fluid off the floor from where it lay. The sheer size of those waves made Salzem's jaw drop. His eyes nearly bulged out of his head at the sheer size of the monster's attacks, his heart pounding harder and harder in his chest.

"No.. No... I can't fight this..." He whispered, taking one step back, then another... Fear had it's talons in him in such a way he wished it was the monster's teeth instead. The sheer devastation the monster only fed his terror... especially with that big, MONSTER laser headed his way... Most people saw grimm as just that: Grimm... Monsters to be destroyed but how little did they understand just what a monster really was... something that made you so afraid, you felt your muscles run but also freeze you in place, confusing you on an instinctual level... Whatever part of him that still recognized he needed to buy time was completely overcome with the terror this beast had brought... Salzem continued to back away from the beast, shaky robotic step after shaky robotic step until he lost his footing and fell back, landing hard on his back. His stomach cramped with fear, his mind only a Kupo of white noise as the chemical of agonizing, primal fear took over... leaving the hunter helpless...

(Health now 85 out of 100) X3

View user profile
avatar
Valerie had been called into action based on her past experience with situations like this. The commotion that the dragon was causing attracted the attention of most of the city, so the many many roadblocks had forced her to exit her emergency vehicle and run for the past several blocks to make it to the beach only to be stopped as the stairs.... because they no longer existed.... Okay.

She fully extended her shield and resolved to slide down the hill and help the first person she could find. The first person she could find, however, just happened to be a young blue haired gentleman down on the beach.

"Don't worry! Help is here." Valerie shouted as she retracted her shield and dropped to her knees next to Salzem. She forcibly took his hand to check his vital signs, but could plainly feel his aura as soon as she touched him. She looked up at him a little bit surprised to see him still on the ground, but she closed her eyes and focused her aura over top of his. When she felt his aura strengthen up on his own, she stood up and yanked him onto his feet. "You're going to be fine, but they might not be."

She pointed at the civilians scrambling around haplessly for safety. She kept looking at him for a moment even after she started to run toward the crowd of people, but soon refocused her sight on the job at hand and prepared for what would come next.

~~~~~~~~

HP: 100/100
SP: 155/200

Actions taken: Valerie rushed down onto the beach to Salzem. She healed his injuries and granted him an aura shell. She then began running toward civilians and ends the post en route to them.

-30 SP: Healing Salzem +20 HP
-20 SP: Aura Shell to Salzem -20 Dam from next hit(s)

+5 SP: Recovery Aura

View user profile
avatar
Sandstorms, Lightning Rods, and other healers. It was a wonder. Truly. Ishi was not trained in this slightly. If it were up to him, he wouldn't even be doing this. However, like it or not, he had to stay around and do this. He should probably heal the kid who turned himself into a lightning rod. Probable searing, likely burns everywhere. He likely had dislocated bones when it came down to it. He saw the boy running around saving a kid without looking at his injury. Ishi would pat the person he was currently attending to, to start running towards the kid who had turned himself into a lightning rod.

He wasn't one to save others. His past confirmed this. However, these kids had turned the old assassin soft. Softer than he'd like to say. He'd have to get into contact with an old friend of his when it came down to it. Once he arrived near the kid, he'd put his hand out and touch him, and use his semblance to ease the injuries.

Aura = 110/200

Ray's Health= +20

View user profile
avatar
Sea Dragon Grimm HP:??? Level 8 Spt Based. Def/Res: ???
Beach HP:1125/1250

As the blade soared through the air, heavy metal which it's wielder struggled to lift, the electricity which had been cutting the slope appeared to leap. It's path was altered, the lightning seemed to lurch back from the cliffside and into the sword! As it fell the electricity's path would continue on, carving up the hillside, but the boy's sacrifice of his weapon had paid off! The stairs had been spared from the destruction's path, only the set which had already been broken showing any signs of damage! Two out of the three remained sturdy and solid, civilians returned to rushing up them!

Things were going surprisingly well for the hunters on the beach, the citizen at sea had perhaps done more work than even them. Crashing through the waves, he body would bear the full brunt of the first waves impact; destroying it but being pushed away from the grimm due to the force of the swell. When it came to diving into the second wave however, she was much more fortunate. As she dove through the wave more cleanly, seeming to set her sights on the beast once more not that it had noticed. The waves were already greatly diminished, however, with the aid of the sword throwing man on the beach they were totally devastated. Arriving at the beach as no more than above average waves, lapping far from any civilians on the beach.

It was now, the boy's sword far from him and the medics doing their best to patch up the students, that the sun-shining glow was blast forth from the dragon's mouth; it was let loose in a relentless scream. This attack was alike the first the beat had used on the beach goers, rather than carving horizontally it would carve vertically! The bolt would cut through the water, turning it to steam as it passed through the path the girl was swimming, before quickly reaching and cutting up the beach! The blast seemed ever so slightly angled as it cut forward, as if it's attention had been drawn in particular to a location; that of a blue haired hunter who had been tended to by another. Despite this it would race in the direction of the centre stairwell! The beam was looking to cut down the exit speed by another third! Threatening to carve up hunter, stairs and civilian alike. This direction was not one a lightning rod would aid in, the bolt would simply be pulled to one for a moment before moving on! What was required was to move civilians and brace! Take the blows oneself!

This would not be the only attack the beast sent forth however, when the beam reached the top of the stairs its mouth would close once more. There would be a moment of silence, and then, a blast of electricity wider than those prior would be sent forth. This beam would rush toward the stairs again; aimed to the centre stairwell! But for the civilians credit, while they were becoming used to this frequent pattern, the beach was now almost clear. Only a few pockets, in the line of fire of the beast's beam granted, remained. It was clearing fast! Soon only the hunters would be on the beach, if they could strengthen their resolves and find calmness, then the beast would have no reason to attack the beach!

Damage Note:
As you requested Madis, unfortunately from a position standpoint Ray is far behind you and so you crashed through both waves before his blow could hit and weaken one. As such, you would take the full damage from both. That's a massive 160 damage before defences. After them however you cut that down to 110 off your hp!

View user profile
avatar
Noticing that the dragon, serpent, thing attack had veered away and toward his sword, before Ray let the child he held a go. Then reality struck him as Ray came to the realization that he was incapable of moving his arms his left arm was in tremendous pain, on the other hand, his right arm only hurt in his shoulder before he took a step. He spotted somebody approaching him

“Who are you?” Ray asked bluntly, catching what he had said and how he said it. Ray apologized, "sorry for being blunt I do not have time for Manners in this fight." while staring at the man for a moment before returning his gaze to the beachfront attempting to locate the sword he had thrown, in an attempt to do what it had done diverting the attack. He had taken his eyes. Off his sword, while he went to save the child He believed that it must have sunk into the sand. Due to the tremendous weight it carried

Looking at the man, “okay, so that is why some of my fatigue is gone.” Ray commented before turning to the men. “You do not happen to know anyone with a shield do you?” He asked while letting the stranger tend to his Injuries“Hey, could you work on my arms, do not worry about the burns I can handle them also, did you happen to notice where my sword landed?" Ray asked continuing to scan the beach before looking out a bit further into the surf

However, before he could get a chance to work, he noticed that the pattern of attacks had changed drastically like the old saying goes, the silence before the storm. It also did not help to have the hair on the back of his neck and head stand on in with no weapon and no option he could think of to defend themselves, Ray started to get a bad feeling “hey something feels off-“ Ray had stopped talking as what seemed like hours. then he began to look around the area. “Please focus on my arms. I need to get my sword wherever it is and my apologies if I am coming off rude," Ray then focus on the Sea Dragon at the same time, bracing himself for the inevitable attack

Information
Attacks Commenced: N/A
Damage Calculated: N/A

Stats
STR: 5: (+1 Power aura type) (40 with weapon) Physical Damage
DEF: 1: 5 Physical Damage
RES: 1: 5 Dust Defense
SPT: 5: 25 Dust Damage
Speed: 8: 4 attacks

HP 115/150 +20 HP
Aura 90/150



Last edited by Ray Kurama Allen on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:57 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar edits)

View user profile
avatar
Valerie was lucky that she was already on her way towards the crowd, which gave her plenty of time to prepare and think on what action to take next. She stopped at the stairs as she saw the dragon charging up the first beam. She had seen what happened to the last staircase that she presumed was hit by this creature in some way, which led her to worry that they were running out of evacuation routes very quickly. Val had an idea, it was very very risky and countered everything she had learned of evacuating civilians from disaster sites, but she didn't know how many of them would survive if they didn't get these civilians out right now. "Everyone start heading up these stairs!" she said pointing at the nearest set. "If someone falls, stop to help them and try to keep pace with one another! Move up quickly but do not run until you reach the top! Don't even pay attention to the grimm, we'll have this taken care of before you know it! Move under my shield as you pass me, but by the gods do not move in front of it!" Valerie shouted over the sounds of chaos before fully extending her shield.

She moved herself onto the staircase and turned it at an angle to mimic the angle that the beam would come at and maximize coverage. Sh knew full and well that she could only do so much in this situation by herself, and that she was still going to be taking this hit in place of the civilians and the staircase alike. She exhaled and overcharged her aura to protect herself a bit more from the sheer shock of the beam when it would hit. A radiant golden light emanated from her as she did so showing her aura gathering strength. She also saw Ray and Ishi currently side by side on the beach. They didn't look like citizens one bit, so she thrust her right hand towards Ishi and formed the same radiant light of her aura on him. She knew that she was about to be asking a lot, more than a lot, she was asking them to throw themselves willingly into danger to help her. "You two! Get on this staircase! If we get everyone off of the beach now then that thing should lose interest and leave!" She looked back toward the citizens, then to the dragon and exhaled with a passing thought. She wondered how many people had died in a situation like this because of her. She shook the thought and stared at the dragon ready t take the brunt of the blast.

~~~~~~~

HP: 100/100
SP: 110/200

Actions Taken: Valerie started corralling the civilians up the nearest staircase, giving them instruction on safety as they did so. She then moved up to protect the staircase and civilians from a segment of the blast before it got there by fully extending her shield in the direction of the beam to block a bit more of it with herself. Valerie used her semblance to give herself and Ishi additional protection from their next hits and called for Ishi and Ray to aid her in defending the staircase.

-20 SP: Aura Shell to herself -20 Dam from next hit(s)
-20 SP: Aura Shell to Ishi -20 Dam from next hit(s)
+5 SP: Recovery Aura

View user profile
avatar
He elected to actually heal the boys arms, focusing on the left one. He placed his hand on it before he let his semblance do the heavy carrying of this operation. Ishi hadn't taken a hit yet, which made things slightly easier. However, that doesn't mean Ishi was a coward. Ishi was the opposite. Ishi couldn't just let people die. That wasn't him. No, no. He wasn't Isane, he was Ishi. That's how it were. That's who he was. He wasn't an assassin anymore. He even changed his face so that he wouldn't have to look at his own.

Sure, it'd require some explanation to his father but that could be handled later. At a different time. When he wasn't contemplating suicide by laser. Well, he wasn't really. If it didn't kill him right away. He could heal himself if he were actually alive. The one, blasted time that he wanted to have that sword, is the time he didn't have the sword. That sounded about right for Ishi.

"Lass, you better be right about this."

He bolted for the staircase and got there in good time. For what it was worth, Ishi was still quite fit. He then got behind the shield, a little bit down and behind the woman. They had to have a solid wall. Even if that wall was just flesh.

View user profile
avatar
Noticing that the man who was healing him bolted for the stairs to help a huntress, which who he believes was calling for their assistance, at the same time Ray noticed his swords hilt sticking out of the sand digging his feet into the sand to find the best kickoff he could. As soon as he had found a firm foothold, he launched himself toward where he saw his sword hilt with a loud concussive ‘Boom’ reaching it. then ripped the blade from the sand before making it back to the staircase standing next to the man who healed him, Ray stabs Bellringer into the hard stone behind him and the shirtless man next to him. “Yo use my sword to brace yourself"

Ray had no worries about his sword breaking. However, he did worry about the stone the sword was not light nor was it balance properly, it was wide enough for two feet. To place on the flat, carefully placed his hands on the girl with this Shield back, he prepared himself to support her. “Shields girl I hope you are right about this. If the attack reaching the top of your Shield, I will gladly turn myself into a lightning rod again, ahh ha ha” Ray had given out a cheerful chuckle before channeling his aura into his hands and legs his orange aura taking up the feeling of calm, steady ,strong as does his face with a mask of seriousness replacing his smile

Information
Attacks Commenced: N/A
Damage Calculated: N/A

Stats
STR: 5: (+1 Power aura type) (40 with weapon) Physical Damage
DEF: 1: 5 Physical Damage
RES: 1: 5 Dust Defense
SPT: 5: 25 Dust Damage
Speed: 8: 4 attacks

HP 115/150
Aura 70/150 -20

View user profile
avatar
This was going to be such fun. Zrea grumbled to himself as he was shaken inside of the airships hold. Him and maybe a couple dozen others, students all, had seen the Grimm that was attacking from the raised campus grounds and some had heard the radio cries for help. He wanted nothing to do with something like this, and though he was scared of course to be going towards what he was certain was going to be their doom he swallowed that audibly. There was no sound coming from inside other than the shuffling of their weapons, the whirring of the dust engines drowning that out. He has been called to aide the beach goers during his preparations for the new school year, and only because of all the staff that Syne had that day, he was the only one actually on campus.

Nobody spoke. Zrea could almost feel their unease crushing them all. He put on a brave smile though, tapping the shoulder of a student not much younger than he was. "Want to see something fun?" The green haired man spoke as he let the trident of his lean against the raised ramp. He was used to the confused and strange looks he got when he suddenly spoke up. As the one being forced to lead this group Zrea was standing in the front looking back at them. He towered over most, his clean fitted suit standing out amidst the throngs of armour and battlefield gear. He raised a hand, pulling out a deck of cards. He shuffled them, letting them flit back and forth between his hands. Fanning them out he told held them out. "Come on, pick one for me will you?" He asked and two different hands shot forth thinking he was speaking to them.

That complicated things, but he was well used to this trick by now to let a single extra exponent mess him up. He made sure they had their cards in mind when they were put back into place. Again with the shuffling, quickly and practiced, until he made a mistake and the cards went flying into the air. People snickered and some smiled. It was good to get their minds off of the impending event, and also well planned. Amidst the screen of gloating cards he kept his eyes on the two that had been picked, snatching them up out of the air while nobody could see. He bent to pick them all up, using his fake poor balance to slip the cards into their pockets. "Well everyone let's give those beach goers a good show." He said as the hatch opened above the beach.

Zrea got his first look at the massive serpent like Grimm, and nearly decided that he was not going to deal with this. He wanted to turn around and let the actual hunters and huntresses here handle this. Yet he could not on his own conscious do that. Grabbing his trident he looks down, seeing that they were hovering about thirty feet in the air. With a deep breath the counselor stepped off, his untied hair flailing around. Before he could hit the ground completely Zrea let loose one of his personal playing cards, the weighted king flew forward sticking into the sand. A cloud of harmless purple and black smoke filled the air where he vanished from, popping back into existence with a roll.

There were people trying to escape through the central stairway, and granted that he saw others bracing that was probably where he needed to be. He rushed up some of the stairs, grabbing a couple people by their waists, helping up some who had stumbled. Zrea shouted as he tried to make himself known, picking out any of those that were having trouble, either elderly, injured, or stranded child and using his semblance to warp them to the top.

Spoiler:
Will use as much aura as allowed to move people to safety.

View user profile
avatar
Sea Dragon Grimm HP:??? Level 8 Spt Based. Def/Res: ???
Beach HP: 1045/1250

While the formation of a group on the stairs had been useful, it was the blonde woman's calm and collected shouts which did the most work! Civilians who had back tracked onto the beach, in line with the oncoming laser assault, began to rush back toward the stairs! It wasn't all of them, there were still a couple of stragglers and those who at this point had decided to run away from the stairs; making the trek to some miles up the beach, but it was enough to almost empty this segment of the beach! And as the blast cut up the beach, only a couple of civilians would be caught up in the blast. Slower and further than the rest of the group. It would seem that the choice to focus defences on the stairs would pay off... albeit at a price.

The faunus boy with his sword, standing next to the girl on the stairs would find the initial beam attack was indeed drawn to his weapon... rather than the girl he was attempting to help brace. It would jump from the sand directly to his weapon, spreading through the sword and into him. Due to his position however, standing strong as he was he would find himself launched up the stairs and land hard on the paves to their top! Garnering frightened stares from the civilians already up there. This sacrifice was not in vein however, through his conduction and launch (along with his sword) he had saved both civilians and the stairs from the initial blast!

The remaining gathering on the the stairs would indeed take the wider blast, with their own health. The green haired member of staff especially was aiding under this situation, in helping the young, ill and elderly civilians up the stairs they made sure no stragglers were put directly into the beam's blast as it rained down upon them. They would be almost engulfed in electric yellow light for a moment, as if they would be atomised, only for it to cease. Their shields lost, perhaps a little worse for wear, but they would have held out. The boy's lightning rod attempt thought had been a good one, an attempt to help shield them from the thin blast which had chased up the beach, but the girth of she second blast would not allow such a defence. It had been easily Seven meters in radius.

At this point, with so few on the beach and new hunters poring in, the average emotional state in the area had greatly improved. So much so that the beast was greatly debating whether to remain present, a good minute long pause between it's last blast and it's next attack. With a sway of it's long neck the beast's wings would fold upward, it would briefly submerge itself beneath the waves before simply sticking it's head out on the choppy waterline. It's whiskers glowing yellow it would send forth a final volley of blast directly toward the staircase! Cutting through the water and rushing up the beach-line. One from it's mouth and one from either whisker, rushing in a triangular formation! They would harden sand and send sea spray in their wake!

Notes:
Ishi and Fenix only take 60 damage (before defences) from the prior post's blasts that hit them due to Fenix shields! Ray however, due to the lightning rod based attack, will take the full 80 before defences due to his lack of shielding. The beach is almost clear now! Just one last push!

View user profile
avatar
Valerie shook as the electrical current passed through her, shattering her shell and filling her eyesight with fuzz. When it finally passed through her, she could see the dragon sizing up for another attack. "Oh for Pete's sake..." she exhaled trying to catch her breath for a moment before running up to the sand and planting her shield into the earth a few feet in front of the staircase just in a futile effort to eat a bit of the text blast, but she wasn't going to try to eat another one of those beams. Valerie glances up, seeing Zrea helping people get around the crowd. She trusted this man to help the people to safety with or without the stairs. She looked at Ishi and Ray, pursed her lips, and nodded. She didn't have time to say anything to them, but she made note that she would have to thank them later for helping her plan work.

With that she sprinted off toward the people she noticed get hurt by the last blast and were threatened by this one as well. She ran with every ounce of strength she had, folding her wings to reduce the drag that she had, she had to outrun the next beam at any cost. When she got to a group of three people, a man, woman, and child, she took the child onto her shoulders, holding him on her wings as she grabbed who she can only assume are the parents, dragging them several feet away from the staircase up toward the rock face to give them a bit of cover. Valerie sat the child up on a rock nearby and began to heal the parents, hoping that they would soon wake up and be able to take the child to safety.

~~~~~~~

HP: 55/100
SP: 55/200

Actions Taken: Valerie ran off and found a small family in the way of the coming beam. She pulled them to safety and heals the parents.

-30 SP: Healing Civilians 20 HP
-30 SP: Healing Civilians 20 HP
+5 SP: Recovery Aura

-45 HP: Dragon Beam



Last edited by Valerie Fenix on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum