You are not connected. Please login or register

Peaceful morning? [Social/Ask to join]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Peaceful morning? [Social/Ask to join] on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:59 pm

avatar
Pretty day for a pretty girl, Friday had woken up earlier than usual today so she could take some time to roam around the school a bit before she would have to head to class. It was both to inspect the area to discover the little secrets of the academy and to be sure she wouldn't get lost at the most important of times. While normally in order to avoid going astray when looking for your classroom would be to have a walk inside the building, the black haired girl was way too early and figured that having some exercise first wouldn't be a bad idea. Wearing standard gym clothes and listening to music with her headphones, Friday spent the first couple hours of the morning running laps around the courtyard, humming along her songs while thinking about her first day here, the one she arrived.

---Three weeks later---
"You're sure that you're going to be alright sweetie?" "Yes dad, geez you sounds just like mom right now" "Can you blame us? Our little girl is going to a school to learn how to kill monsters, how do you want us to worry a little?" "A little? Mom was ready to tie me up to stop me from leaving!" "No she wasn't..." "I heard your conversation in the kitchen this morning..." "You know what I think of eavesdropping young lady..." "And what about imprisoning your own daughter?" "You really think she would have been able to?" "Not with my power." "See, so why worry about it?" The two of them looked at each other with a smile on each of their faces before she jumped in his arms, hugging her father tightly. "I love you dad." "I love you too sweetie, just be careful out there alright?" She simply nodded before they stopped hugging, the father then was standing there, near the airship as it was preparing for lift off as his daughter was slowly walking towards the school that was in front of them.

---Back to present---
Time had past pretty quickly without Friday noticing, other students were now in sight both inside and outside, the sun could be seen past the trees aaaaaand her music had stopped with her music player being out of juice. Stopping near the door that led to her dorm, the girl began to rest to catch her breath and drink some water before she would head for her room to take a quick shower before class would begin. She must have run more than she thought though as she emptied her bottle in a matter of seconds and she would have loved to pour some on herself to cool off a little. With her breathing slowing down a bit, she was getting ready to head for her room.

View user profile

2 Re: Peaceful morning? [Social/Ask to join] on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:32 am

avatar
This is normally something one would be stopped and questioned for, but Maestus had already earned a bit of a reputation of being quick to anger, so nobody stopped her as she followed another student.  The only reason she was following her was because she never saw someone run just for exercise, and was curious as to what she was running away from.  It couldn't have been her, right?  She was running before she showed up.  After following her for around an hour, she almost ran her over as she stopped running for whatever reason.  Almost falling over in an attempt to not fall on top of the girl, she balanced herself and began to plan out what she was going to ask the student.  However, Maestus had to stop herself and really think about what she was going to say.  Almost every time she met up with another person, by accident or otherwise, she practically tore them apart.  Despite her obvious talent in being a menace to most people, she didn't enjoy just fighting all the time.  She'd have to be careful not to get angry at another stranger again.

How did the other students start most conversations?  She didn't know the other person's name, or anything about her for that matter.  This was going to be difficult.  Maestus was designed to be a 6'8" killing machine fueled by fury, even if it didn't always make her happy, she wasn't created to be some sort of social butterfly. Let's just start with something simple. "Hello." Dissapointed at how her conversation starter ended up, she did her best not to slouch her shoulders in defeat.  Another issue was her voice.  Her voice was always really confusing and unnatural to people.  It's not easy to explain, but it sounds both real and fake at the same time.  It wasn't clear if it sounded robotic or human, but it usually made her peers uncomfortable since it was hard to have a conversation with someone who's tone was pretty misleading.  Pushing the thought out of her mind, Maestus turned her head to look at the student, waiting for a response.

View user profile

3 Re: Peaceful morning? [Social/Ask to join] on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:47 pm

avatar
Cutting the silence, coincidently immediately after the android's wholehearted attempt to engage in social interaction and actually make some friends, was a series of three loud smacks echoing up the very hallway Friday had intended to travel though due to being beyond the closed door toward the dorms it would pend the girls' curiosity what of the following they caught sight of. It was upon the third blow that a door would fly open and with it a small man cloaked in mostly blues would meet the opposing wall with a mild thud. Quickly rising to his feet, hair rustled and with a look of ire in his eyes, the short man would head back toward the door only to have it slammed in his face... before quickly being reopened to whack him backward once more. It was then that from the door a creature would emerge, best described as a white furred but well dressed Gorilla (well... for a gorilla) around five feet and an inch in height. This stood him taller than the boy who had been thrown out the room, presumedly by the beast, but looked far happier than him as if it were playing a game... the boy, though his back was now to the doorway, did not share such a sentiment.

The chimp came at him with both arms raised in a style not dissimilar to that of an out-boxer, a style based in rapid longer ranged light punches to wear an opponent down, however this coupled with a gorilla's human-dwarfing strength meant that even a single blow would indeed be quite dangerous. A gorilla's strength, even one of this size, was many times that of a human. As such, when Richard brought up both hands to block the beast's initial blow not only was he pushed back by the creature, but he had no way to defend himself when the creature decided to gut punch him to oblivion. The force of the blow was such that Richard would be launched even further backward, resulting in one of two things; if the women had opted to open the door then Richard would be thrown into their direction and should neither be able to stop him directly into them or he would hit the door with a smack loud enough that they most certainly wouldn't be able to ignore it.

Upon the two becoming visible to the ape, should they already be able to see him or should they open the door and squish Richard against the wall, the chimp rather than combatting them would lower it's stance and make a noise roughly sounding like "Goo-ahuh Goo-ahuh" and happily wave to them. Should they find themselves face to face with Richard they would find him without bruise due to his aura, but his clothes quite disheveled. Pending how he lands relative to them they may catch sight of the bandoleer beneath his broad scarf, on which many coloured dust crystals are pinned.

HP/AURA/Gorilla:

Gorilla Stats; Hp: 40 Aura: 30 Dmg: 30 Defense: 20

The gorilla is dressed in a red cap, a yellow T-shirt with the term "Sanzaru" written across the chest and black suit trousers. On his feet are broad, rectangular, black loafers. It has snow white fur but visible pitch-black skin on it's palms, face and ears.



Richard has taken two full blows from the Monkey of 30 damage before defences, 20 after, thus his HP/AURA is 130/170


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

4 Re: Peaceful morning? [Social/Ask to join] on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:16 pm

avatar
Friday was slowly getting ready to head to her dorm room, having spent enough time standing there to catch her breath but as her hand reached towards the door that would lead her inside, a voice came from behind her. Taken by surprise by the sudden greeting it took her more than a second to turn around to see who was standing there, only for her to be flooded with nervosity at the sight of the being in front of her. Clearly this "person" wasn't human or faunus by the look of it, which made sense considering the electronic-sounding voice that seemed to have came out of them. Friday tried her best to not appear rude, but she was clearly on the defensive as she replied with only a nervous smile and a wave before her attention was brought to the door she was about to open.

A ruckus could be heard on the other side of the wooden panels, something similar to a fight and as things seemed to get more violent Friday decided to go see what everything was about. It also gave her an excuse as to not interact with the one that greeted her a moment ago. The moment she opened the doors though she was sent directly to the ground as someone appeared to be thrown directly at her the moment the passage was opened. Looking around in an attempt to understand what happened, she saw a short man on the ground near her and on the other side of the doors stood a gorilla who appeared to be happy. The girl waved back to it, unsure about if she needed to be impressed by the primate's prowess or ashamed for the guy who apparently lost against it. He had to be a huntsman in training right? How could he had lost against an animal? Unless he was simply training it and it was normal? Friday stayed there, looking back and forth at the two, not really sure about what to do but one thing was sure: dirt and sweat didn't go well together, she was now completely dirty and felt gross, that shower was now an absolute must.

View user profile

5 Re: Peaceful morning? [Social/Ask to join] on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:04 pm

avatar
It took every ounce of self control that Maestus had to not get frustrated with this stranger.  Sure, she may not be the best at talking to people, but she made as much of an effort as possible and the person she was talking to looked at her like a threat.  Come to think of it, she was running from something for a long time today.  Maybe that something was Maestus?  No, it couldn't have been her since she was running before she saw her.  Feeling that the only way to find out what she was being chased by was to ask, she followed the student only to find a familiar face on the ground and a second familiar face who seemingly caused it.  Ignoring the girl for now, Maestus walked over to Richard who was slumped against a wall.  She crouched down and asked, "You're Richard. I remember you.  I didn't really get the chance to talk to you in that old person's class.  Are you going to need some help with your pet here?" If she wasn't going to make friends with the girl, she was going to at least try with this one.  Turning to observe the animal and noticing it wave at them, she waved back and turned to Richard for a response.

This wasn't going as well as she expected it to go.  Most people make friends pretty quickly by finding something they had in common or something, but she didn't know that much about Friday or Richard, so this mess was going to have to do.  Maybe, if this all works out well, she can at least get to know both of them.  The other student that was running for a while was going to be problematic if she kept avoiding Maestus, but she planned to ease her mind a little, or at least gain some form of trust or familiarity.  Most people are at least a little bit uncomfortable when face to face with an android, and Maestus was definitely one of the more intimidating ones.  Understanding this, she would give the girl a second chance before deciding if she was worth being around or not.

View user profile

6 Re: Peaceful morning? [Social/Ask to join] on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:47 pm

avatar
Richard, having met head first with a black haired and red eyed girl, found himself not quite sprawled against a wall but rather just passed her lying on his back. It didn't take him long to realise where he was or recover however the frown on his face, indicative not of rage but discomfort and an overwhelming feeling of tiredness, made it clear he was debating remaining on his back. After a few seconds though, with some urging through an android forcing conversation, he did at the very least sit up to face the two women; straightening out his scarf and quite annoyed by the thought that they may have seen his dust... though neither appeared to question it. Frowning as he focused on the droid, a person he'd remembered being quite excited by upon entry to the class but his embarrassment had removed such happiness, he responded; "No he's fine, he wanted me out and I'm out now. He shouldn't continue to attack myself or you Maestal."

Richard had naturally forgotten the machine's name, but was much to socially inept to ask it so had hazarded a guess, he would now look to the girl he had crashed into; she looked quite disheveled after the whole affair... not that Richard particularly cared. "He's not going to attack either of you, don't worry. Sanzaru hits like a truck but he won't unless provoked." At the sound of his name the Gorilla would drop down to all fours and make its way toward the group, a broad grin on it's face rather than a frown. Coming to a stop in the doorway before standing and bowing, quite deeply, to the two ladies with the same wide grin on his face. Richard simply rolled his eyes at this.

"I had no say in buying him, he wakes me up and drags me to classes even when I'd rather be sleeping, but his muscle comes in useful from time to time." Richard sighed and looked between the two; "Don't be expecting any kind of tour from your senior, that'd be far too much effort."


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

7 Re: Peaceful morning? [Social/Ask to join] on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:13 pm

avatar
Simply by being there and not participating in the discussion Friday was able to learn a couple of names which was something always useful for any future situation that would involve the same people. The guy had a rather simple name which wouldn't be too hard to remember and the gorilla had one that had a nice fun ring to it. The android however had one that would be harder to memorize as it wasn't something you'd hear everyday. She sighed as the robotic person appeared to focus more on the one that flew out the door rather than her, it was nothing personal, she just didn't like androids in general, she knew one day they would reign supreme and that is something she didn't want to participate in by befriending one of their kind. Misplaced opinion but it wasn't something that was easy to change, especially not by sneaking up on her.

Friday stood up, brushing off the dirt from her clothes before she slowly walked towards the door seemingly guarded by the primate, which bowed to her moments ago. She smiled before bowing back to it while listening to Richard's story as it appeared Sanzaru was bought, which made the girl wonder who would sell this kind of animal. The guy then mentioned not wanting to give them a tour, to her and the mechanical being, simply because apparently it's tiring. She turned to him, keeping an eye on the gorilla, as she was actually surprised that he called himself a senior. Let's face it, with his height he appeared way younger than he claims. "I'd love to have a tour of the school, but if you're not going to, any idea who could give one? I don't want to get lost when I need to be somewhere new."

View user profile

8 Re: Peaceful morning? [Social/Ask to join] on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:40 pm

avatar
"It's Maestus... not Maestal." Maestus sighed and turned to Friday as she mentioned how she wanted a tour of the school.  It seemed as if she was looking for anybody except for Maestus, seeing how she was asking Richard if anybody else would help instead of the fellow student standing right next to her.  Noticing this, it became apparent that Friday was either put off by Maestus as a person, or there was some other reason behind it.  Either way, she wanted to find out what her problem was, and what better way than to give her a tour herself? "I don't mind giving you a tour. I've been here for a while and I know a thing or two about the school.  Besides, I have a couple questions I want to ask you."  She was trying her best to seem as friendly as possible, since her last attempts at being a decent person didn't work as well as she wanted them to.

The only other thing on her mind was how cold Richard was being.  Friday didn't even ask for a tour of the school, and the guy made a point to tell her no.  She remembered the class she was in with him and that old man where he may have mentioned a reason to his hostility, but she couldn't quite remember what it was.  Although, she wasn't sure if it would've mattered anyway, since no matter what anybody said, it seemed that he refused to open up at all.  She turned to say something to him but then focused her attention back on Friday, deciding that saying nothing was probably the better option.  She would have to make do with a conversation with Friday.

View user profile

9 Re: Peaceful morning? [Social/Ask to join] on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:52 pm

avatar
Richard didn't want to deal with this, but two factor held influence over him as the sun and moon hung above him. Those factors were the chimp, Sanzaru, and his wants. The girl Friday, who had bowed back to him, almost immediately garnered all of the chimp's attention and admiration. Clapping it's powerful, oversized, palms it beamed toward her. The chimp didn't understand english particularly well, learning from Richard over the past months, but it could most certainly make out words about not wanting to be lost and a tour. The chimp saw this, atop all else, was dejected toward Richard who was looking as lazy and dejected as usual. Almost immediately the Gorilla convinced itself; anyone was going to help this person, it would have to be Sanzaru! Taking a step out of the doorway the chimp would extend it's right hand to the girl to take hold of... at least that's what it's intent was, it could have been misinterpreted as the likes of asking for something; be it food or an object.

Richard however was distracted by the android and bluntly responded, "Is it? Well whatever Maestus. As you may remember from the lecture spoken tongue isn't my first language, were your name a series of hand movements I might have an easier time remembering. Probably the strangest thing, next to sarcasm, is names. Colour ones I can usually get with the association but... what does Maestus even mean? Is it like Richard where it doesn't really have one? Why would you name someone something like Richard... it doesn't really mean anything. I miss going by." Richard brought his fingers together for a moment in a dome like shape, claws unfolding from the top digit on each finger to expand the dome wider. He would then sheath his claws once-more and with his hands positioned vertically (opposing one another) lock fingers with his right thumb sticking out while his left was tucked inward. He would then yawn, "But not enough people have claws to make that viable. You're all so loud, talk without thought, it's annoying."

And it was then that Richard would notice the monkey attempting to interact with the black haired girl, though due to his seated position his view wasn't the best and he hadn't been paying enough attention to the girl's tour request. "He probably just wants to play with you or something else dumb like that, don't worry he's never hurt anyone outside myself, Grimm and sparring partners... strangely well trained. I certainly didn't teach him."

And with that the chimp would continue to beam, if she opted to take the hand he would grasp hers firmly but certainly not tight enough to crush or cause any pain and speak something that roughly sounded like "Gahooogha Ghar-how Ga-chow." Only naturally in a loud, and Gorilla, tone of voice before taking a step into the doorway intending to lead.


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum