You are not connected. Please login or register

Lunar Revel, a chant to a distant warrior (Open!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

A cloudless night, stars open on display. A large shattered moon looming above. Casting the courtyard of Syne academy in a hauntingly beautiful white light. A quiet and soft singing resounded from a certain spot, leading to a faunus that had taken up post in a nearby tree. Sat atop a thick branch. "Leaves from the vine, falling so slow," Azul mused slowly, eyes shut, thick crimson eyelashes twitching. His trademark fox ears slumped down and flattened. "Like fragile, tiny shells. Drifting in the foam." Eyes opened once again looking up to the stars. A neutral expression. Mayhaps even a tad melancholic.

"Little soldier boy, come marching home." A soft breath.

"Brave soldier boy, comes marching home." Azul exhaled the rest of the air in his lungs and shook his head, sitting up slightly. Glancing down at a small sketchbook. A piece of charcoal in his hand. A soft smile crossed his lips as he glanced at the drawing he had made. Even if there was no way of ever going back, it was always nice to reminisce. Be glad you had it, not sad you now don't have it anymore. It gave a bittersweet feeling.

View user profile
Tonight seemed to be the perfect night to figure things out.  Wandering about the courtyard, humming almost silently to himself, Jack began to plan out his future on this island.  He had no real steady job, and most of the people he had met so far seemed to be involved with the academy.  Sure, he already figured that he was going to join the academy eventually, but he wanted to see the campus and decide whether or not he would be happy living here for some time, and one of the deciding factors here would be how the place looked.  Of course, he had to be here at night.  Earlier in the day, too many people were around, and they all seemed to be bothered by his mask.

It was a shame, really.  He never really seemed to find anybody that wasn't at least mildly bothered by his false faces.  Whenever he went anywhere, he fell victim to harsh stares, looks of fear, or he was simply called a 'freak' or insulted in some other way by others.  It wasn't enough for him to take action, but it certainly started to take a toll on him over the course of a couple months.

As he walked forward, he began to hear someone singing.  His rooster mask twitched in the direction of the noise, and Jack's interest was focused on something new.  Figuring that there would be many more nights to figure out his future, he began to walk to where he thought to sound was coming from.  As he walked, he listened to the words and notes, taking in the meaning of the song.  Such a sad song, sung pretty well, but his enjoyment of this free music soon ended, and Jack was left in silence.

"Hello?"  It'd be awkward starting a conversation with someone who was just singing, especially if they didn't even know he was there, but Jack felt determined to meet this person.  Music was one of the few things that he found pure enjoyment in, and anybody who felt the same way was worth meeting. "It's nice to hear someone who also enjoys to sing from time to time!"

View user profile
Azul was already busy just staring at the moon now. Lost in thought. Though his ears were up straight, twitching at the littlest of sounds. A voice and footsteps were one of those. And he  glanced down at Jack, a masked man. Azul frowned and adjusted his position to look properly at Jack. One leg dangling down from the tree. "Good evening," Azul forced himself to speak. He couldn't blame this guy for anything, he was singing in public, at night. It'd warrant at least some interest in him. Only Azul himself was to blame.

He nodded and pushed himself up, landing down from the tree, glancing Jack in the eyes, or his lack thereof due to the mask. A pretty face, far more feminine moreso than muscular. And the make-up didn't help either. "Thank you," Azul answered, before clearing his throat. "Who.. Are you?" He questioned, carefully so. Judging by his tone of voice, he was wary. Distant even. Though there was also some kind of fear. As if he was met with his executioner.

"Can I- help you?" He stammered, taking a step backwards, one hand under the cloak moving to grasp on a vial of dust. Ready to summon Thul at a moment's notice.

View user profile
Jack watched as a leg lowered itself from a tree and a voice greeted him from the same direction.  He wasn't really one to judge, but it was just a little bit weird to see someone singing in the middle of the night from the top of a tree.  When the stranger jumped down after giving a standard greeting and thanked Jack for his earlier compliment, he assumed that this would be someone that would be easier to talk to.  However, the way they asked who he was made him a bit uneasy. He wasn't that scary, was he?  Besides, he had already tried his best to be as friendly as he could with a stranger like this.  This feeling changed quickly into a form of pity when the stranger stepped backwards and put their hand under a cloak.  "I'm Jack.  All you have to know is that I've got a bunch of masks.  I'm not here to cause any trouble."  He pointed to the person's hand before saying, "So if you're about to shoot me, you'd better kill me, miss."

He wanted to let this rather cautious person know that he wasn't trying to hurt anybody, but he wasn't about to show any signs of weakness.  Whenever that happened while he talked to strangers, it usually ended up with him having to fight his way out of what he thought was going to be a normal conversation.  "So, what's up?  What're you doing out here in the middle of the night?  I mean, you have to admit that this isn't something most people would do just to pass the time."  Then again, based on Jack's appearance and the stranger's unusual choice of location to sing in, they probably weren't like most people.

View user profile
"All I have to know?" Azul was rather taken aback by that remark. What did his private life have to do with this? Though what followed seemed to assure him at least. At the word 'miss', his other hand moved up and pulled the cowl further down. Making him less recognizable altogether. Though he seemed to ease up, spine relaxing slightly. Stretching his left leg momentarily.

Not per se that he suddenly now trusted Jack. But for the fact that he had no clue as to what his actual way of fighting was. His stance now visibly relaxed, though his hand remained in the cloak. "I couldn't sleep," he muttered, his stance now fully at ease. His hand slumping out of the cloak again. "Sorry, I'm not really a- people person as you'd call it." He turned to his right and ducked down to gather his scetchbook again, tucking it neatly away in the cowl. "What about you?" Folding both arms on his back. "I'm not the only one outside now, am I?"

A smirk played in the shadow of his cap. "You up to no good?" He stopped right infront of Jack. "Dead in the night, with one of various masks and armed with a baseball bat?"

View user profile
This wasn't looking any better, from Jack's point of view.  Not only did this stranger pull their hood further down, even if Jack caught a glimpse of their face, he simply didn't like the thought of someone who was already somewhat suspicious hiding their identity.  Not to mention how unlikely it was that they were out here singing because they couldn't sleep.  Sure, Jack wasn't exactly an expert on acting normal and behaving like a decent human being, but he did feel pretty confident in saying that something wasn't right here.  "You couldn't sleep.  Maybe it had to do with the fact that you were in a tree instead of maybe... a bed?"

However, when asked about his own reasons for being outside in the middle of the night, he realized that he probably looked way more suspicious than somebody who just felt like singing from the top of a tree at night.  "Alright, you got me there."  Sure, for now he was just looking around to see if this academy would be right for him, but he looked like a total psychopath.  For now, this person would have to hear the truth, no matter how much it sounds like a lie.  "I probably look like a psycho or something don't I?  I'm actually just trying to figure out if I'd enjoy enrolling here."  Jack put the end of his bat in his left hand, holding the handle in his right.  "I don't plan on doing anything I shouldn't tonight, don't worry.  Unless, of course, you plan on making a mistake soon."  Jack would laugh after saying this, but he was being genuine.  He didn't think he'd have to do anything to this person, but it's important to make your intentions clear with others.

"So, what's your name?  Are you a student here?"  Changing the mood to something more casual and friendly was a very welcome idea to the masked man, and he did his best to make sure his tone was as welcoming and warm as possible.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum