You are not connected. Please login or register

Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:22 pm

avatar
The summer sun had been setting on Bellmuse, it was around nine at night when things had began to go wrong. Earthquakes weren’t common on Bellmuse, the island was far from a fault line, but something had shifted and with it so had the island. It wasn’t an incredibly significant earthquake, some cars were ruined and property damaged but there were fortunately no fatalities. It was what came next that had the population more worried, many of those on the edge of the city evacuating to the academy and safety. With an earthquake, no matter how small, came tidal disruption; something Bellmuse knew far better than the damage an earthquake could deal. Great waves began to sweep in on all sides of Bellmuse, though the risk of a tsunami was low there was still a significant risk to life on the far south of the island; the docks in particular.

As such a group had been dispatched, volunteers who went to the academy to provide their aid in this dangerous time. The group were being sent to the docks via airship, as they arrived in the lowlight they could see the great frothing waves breaking themselves over the concrete; the ground was soaked and all but one of the boats had left; the remaining vessel, a private yacht, had been thrown onto the dock and shattered on its side. Bellmuse docks were used for three things; shipping, fishing and tourism. Thusly on the far right and left sides shipping containers were stacked high in colours of red and blue. They had been shifted by the wake but none had fallen quite yet, the right side (from the ocean looking in) was looking far more precious than the left.The doors of the airship would open, a ladder being lowered as it hung from at the centre of the dock, but being hunters it was expected at least a couple of them would jump.

Their mission was simple, to search for any stragglers and report on the state of the docks; the aftershocks and waves weren’t anticipated to last more than twenty four hours from the earthquake but it was best to take account of damages and prevent any further loss of life. People could be hiding out in the shipping containers, in the overturned yacht, but investigation would be required. Regardless of civilians, they weren’t alone down there. Before they leapt from the airship they would spot a being slowly entering the harbour, from a distance it looked to be a helmeted man atop a horse… but further inspection would reveal an inhuman being.

View user profile

2 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:55 pm

avatar
Future rode in the bullhead leading to the disaster site. She had sat by the open door and panned her scope searching for grimm and maybe a suitable landing site. The place was remarkably intact for having felt and earthquake and potential tsunami. The cat faunus had expected widespread destruction based on what she had heard about earthquakes.

The sniper would wait until the rest of the group deployed from the ship before asking if they could drop her off on top of one of the cranes. Using the highest point to keep an eye out for trouble, she spotted the creature herself and aimed for its head, "there's something big here, we should find somewhere to box it in." She whispered into her scroll. Not that whispering was needed but it was a habit that she wasn't going to break anytime soon.

View user profile

3 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:14 am

avatar
The earthquake was a bit out of the ordinary to Arrwyn, though not completely new, as some of her families various estates were in areas near fault lines, however she had read up on the area before she’d come out here and that wasn’t the case with Bellmuse. The evacuations had caused a disruption to classes, and while Arrwyn appreciated the extra time, after all some of the locals she saw were pretty cute….It still seemed abnormal enough that the noble figured it was worth looking into.

The day had been chaotic enough and the noble figured things might get interesting, plus the possibility to see some cute or hunky fighters in action seemed promising. Besides, hiding from danger would not be befitting of an Ellavir. The blonde didn’t think much of the ladder, and considered flying out before opting to simply jump down, landing gracefully and being the first off the airship.

She’d wait for the others to come down as well before actually doing anything for now, though she was a bit bugged about having to travel with faunus in the airship. Not that she’d said anything about it, considering it would be better not to stir things up while on a potentially life-threatening mission. After all with the evacuation there was no telling what types of Grimm might have snuck into the city. While Arrwyn was confident in her own ability to take care of herself, it’d be better not to endanger the group with a bunch of bickering. All in all, she didn’t mind cute catgirls TOO much anyways, and the fact the girl had appeared to be a more long ranged fighter would be helpful, since it meant they likely wouldn’t get in each other’s way if they did end up fighting, after all there was a good chance Grimm would have been attracted to the area, particularly if there were panicking civilians.

The fact that there had been a cute girl onboard, faunus or not had largely helped Wyn keep her prejudices to the background, rather than let them put the mission at risk. The damage was pretty bad, especially given the earthquake hadn’t really been all too major and they still needed to search for any civilians that might be around.

At first it appeared that someone was there already, seemingly waiting for them to arrive, though why they would be on horseback was the first question that came to mind. Arrwyn reacted to the scroll message a moment later blinking, hoping the thing might not have spotted them yet before everyone had gotten their bearings. She didn’t recognize whatever type of grimm this was. “What is that?”

View user profile

4 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:19 pm

avatar
Sebastian had also joined this rescue team on basis of his approximately massive muscles, allowing him to lift it. He hadn't cared much about those with him on the trip, as he was mentally preparing to deal with any and all problems. He was busy enough doing this, he didn't notice, nor care, that he was by far the tallest. The biggest. This would've amused Sebastian if he hadn't been so busy thinking. He had worn his special blue shirt, just in case that things went south. As they tended to do when it involved him.

He hadn't time to actually deal with any self-pity, as when they touched down, he had noticed the helmeted man. This was concerning, as denoted by the other one. He had also gotten the message, as it was something apparently the others had noticed.

He had a plan. He went and grabbed the doors on one of the containers and tore them off, using his monstrous physical strength.

He simply spoke into his scroll to tell them one thing.

"I got a box. It's a storage container."

It was notable that there wasn't a person in this one.

View user profile

5 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:13 pm

avatar
Austin was not really excited to do this mission. For one, it was on the beach and beaches are near water. And he has aquaphobia. Why was he assigned for this mission again? Oh right. He was one of the only people that were good with dust. He was only there to fill in for a duster. At least he bought some wind dust a couple nights before. If he didn't, he might've been left out of the mission, which would both be good and bad. Good because he won't be near the ocean and water, and the possible cause of this disruption, but bad because this team needs a good duster, and he might be the only one that can fit the job. When they finally made it over the beach, Austin opted to stay on for a while to draw what the situation looked like. 'Shipping containers seem untouched. A large boat, seemingly a yacht has been thrown on its side on the docks and seems to have been shattered on the side. Beach seems to have been hit by some type of wave, won't be able to tell until I get down there myself. Some man mounted on a horse is in the distance. Wait.' "What the hell is that?" Austin asked out loud.

View user profile

6 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:20 pm

avatar
It made sense for Valerie to be here. Her EMR training and field experience gave her the aura of a hardened veteran in her element here. Not to mention that she was one of the few medical students that was willing to work with the possibility of being responsible for the dying or injured.

When she took this op, she had seriously doubted that it would go so far though, and really only wanted to be there as an anchor for the other members of the force that had been deployed to aid in relief. That being said, she hadn't discounted the idea completely.

Paprika was tucked into her wings, as was the norm. He'd be a handy tool for dealing with rubble and debris, but it appeared as though he'd have other responsibilities with the oncoming menace.

"What that is... is company. Weapons ready people, we're fighting here." Valerie spoke as her ballistic shield deployed from her gauntlet, the telescopic metal displaying several marks, scrapes, gouges, and claw marks. All of these were scars that she'd gotten since she came to the school, and from the side she was standing on, one could take a view of her respectable medical inventory. Her pistol was drawn in the other hand and was promptly taken off of safety as she readied herself for nothing less than the harshest of combat.

'Every time the worst happens, it always seems to be at the coast. I really hate this ocean.'

View user profile

7 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:48 am

avatar
The Nuckelavee Deals 60 Damage before Defences


The pilot had began to respond to Faeth, "I'm sorry, flying so close to a structure in this weather with the risk of aftershocks is too-

From the shadows a great black tendril stretched, two gleaming white claws cut through the night in impaled directly through the hull of the the airship. Sirens began to sound, the craft was struggling to maintain altitude; not only was it damaged but the craft itself was being pulled to the ground. From the dark a creature would step forward; half of it appearing to be horse while the other some perversion of man, a sharp cheshire grin and two horns atop its mask like face. The pilot shouted over the communicator, less than ten metres from the ground and fighting to keep the craft airborne; "Jump out! Jump out now!" The only place to jump the hard wet docks bellow. Moments later, with a klangerous thud, the craft meet with the ground; stuck on its side. The pilot banging at the cockpit window, sealed upon him.

A grumbling, clicking, roar would sound as the creatures arms retracted; stretching back like rubber rather than retracting telescopically. A giant chunk of the graft came with it, seemingly gripped by the Grimm. It was unclear how far the creature could stretch, it stood twelve feet tall and had easily lunged treble that. This was a nuckelavee, an uncommon sight in Bellmuse. With an terrible screech the creature set upon the party, swinging its weaponised right arm like some great whip; the giant hunk of metal attached. This swing was primed to strike the medical professional, yet simultaneously the creature's left arm had been active; like a snake it coiled and darted through the air. The large man, who had torn off the doors of a shipping container, would have but a moment to react as the clawed hand would enter his vision and lunge for his throat.

Following the attempt on the girl the same clawed hand, wielding a hunk of the battered airship, would whip back toward the creature with a spin; aimed to catch the painter-boy as it returned the the nuckelavee. All the while the monster kept walking forward, towering over the group. The rain was lashing, the wind blowing a gale.

View user profile

8 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:45 pm

avatar
She barely had time to react as the craft suddenly plummeted to the ground. The sniper found herself rolling away from the impact and loaded a Gunpowder Saint round that she had formed as she jumped.

She raced towards a shipping container and ducked behind it to avoid being in the open where it would have the advantage. She aimed at the horse head and fired her special shell before aiming a burst of regular bullets at the humanoid head.

She would then try to find an area that gave her the hight advantage and work her way there so she could provide support better without endangering herself and by extention, her comrades.

(Creates HEAP bullet: -20 SP
Fires HEAP: 20 unblocked damage
Regular fire: 30 damage before defense
Magazine: 27/30
Spares: 10)

View user profile

9 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:19 pm

avatar
Arrwyn hadn’t expected the airship to be knocked out of the air. While she’d never seen a Nuckalavee before, they were known to be pretty dangerous from what she knew about them. The fact one was here at all seemed surprising. The noble girl mentally assessed the situation at hand, as well as what she’d gathered so far from their party. The Cat girl was obviously a distance fighter, while she herself specialized more in mobility. Then there was Sebastian, she could assume he was all close combat, given the obvious strength the guy had, while the other two members of their group were a bit harder to peg.

Valerie, she knew had been assigned as their medic, since there was a chance of civilians they found being injured or the like by the earlier quake. Overall the team setup seemed pretty good, even if the last member of their team proved less useful, though Arrwyn hadn’t seen anything to indicate either way regarding him. She hadn’t wanted to talk to any of the faunus (or rather those she’d noticed to be faunus) outside of what was proper. As such she didn’t really know much about if Valerie, Faeth, or Austin had any special ways of fighting.

Arrwyn did note that the thing had, at least not yet focused its attention on her, and would try to use that to her advantage by trying to sneak out of view, making her way to the downed airship. The blonde would let her teammates distract the Grimm, hopefully they’d take the hint and buy her enough time. They’d need to get the pilot out of here first, otherwise the Grimm might focus its attention on him.

She wouldn’t use her semblance yet, but would sneak to the airship, she would keep an eye on the Nuckalavee, not quite convinced that it wouldn’t attack her, but at the moment her attention would be on getting the pilot out.


HP150/150 Ap 150/150

Actions: Arrwyn is sneaking over to the ship to try to help the pilot get out, no attacks made.

View user profile

10 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:52 pm

avatar
Valerie gasps a bit as the chaos ensues, and in a sharp moment, she finds herself to be one of the first ones targeted by the horrid aberration. With her shield unfolded, that made movement a bit difficult, not to mention that she wanted to maintain some sense of control over the field as it stands now. She could only do that if she stayed composed and kept everyone within her line of sight.

So, instead of moving out of the way, she stood her ground and let the thick wisps of golden aura wrap around her as she rose her gun in front of her shield so that the bottom of the barrel was facing up and tensed her body as the massive hunk of machinery came around and crashed into her braced form.

//CLASH!//

Her aura seemed to barely even crackle as she stood resolutely, pushing the arm away from herself as she shouted over her shoulder. "Hike!"

Valerie could only just barely make out a form through the rushing supercell that had befallen them, and the metal was headed right at it. Preoccupied as she was, she chose to rely on her partner to do a little work himself.

As if summoned, Paprika hopped out of the fold of Valerie's wings and barked loudly, sending shockwaves through the ground beneath them until a sudden spire of earth rose between the painter and the oncoming attack, hopefully slowing it down so that whatever damage may come would be lessened. For now, Val pulled back and scanned the area, waiting to see what should be done next.

~~~~~~~~~~

HP: 110
SP: 185

Valerie's Actions:

Used a barrier: -20 Damage; -20 SP
Clashed with the oncoming attack: -45 Damage
Recovery Aura: +5 SP

Paprika:
HP: 40
SP: 20

Actions:

Put up a rock wall: -20 Damage to Sin; -20 SP



Last edited by Valerie Fenix on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

11 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:47 pm

avatar
Ciyen very much disliked the water.
It was a little contradictory, living on an island and all, but she was not a fan of the beach or water of any kind. Regardless, when she was given the opportunity to help, she jumped at the chance. She desired to help others, and she volunteered to go and help at once. Unfortunately, her unfortunate tendency to nap before a battle caused her to not even realize what was going on until the plane was falling. She only had just enough time to roll off and open her shield before both her and the plane hit the ground. She yelped slightly as her shield hit the docks, her body hitting soon after. Good thing she'd jumped close to the ground. She groaned slightly and stowed her shield, sitting up and looking around.
Oh, great. A Nuckelavee.
Well, this was going to be interesting.
She got up and started advancing toward the pilot as well, hoping to shield the pilot and other girl should any attacks be made against them.

_______________________________________________________________
Actions: Also advancing to pilot. No attacks.

View user profile

12 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:59 am

avatar
The Nuckelavee Deals 60 Damage before Defences

The Grimm's attack on Sebastian would go off without a hitch, crashing into his aura and throwing the man into the shipping container; Sin, while offered some protection by the dog's action, would also find himself knocked flying by the Knuckaleve's powerful limbs. The long arms would whip back, shrinking back into the body before the beast loosed a tremendous roar from its humanoid head. This roar would be cut off, two sniper shots catching the beast and thus drawing its ire. Immediately the beast's right hand whipped toward the sniping woman, pointed claws racing toward her chest.

Arrwyn, upon opening the cockpit, would find the pilot bloodied and very much unconscious. He was breathing but there looked to be a nasty gouge in the centre of his forehead, body limp. With two individuals heading toward the cockpit the Knuckaleve saw easy pickings; the creature's left hand would stretch and swipe; claws primed to catch Ciyen as she approached the pair before the thick stretching flesh of the arm would smack into Arrwyn. The creature had fully entered the clearing now, lights shining upon it made its figure all the more imposing; showing that this truly was a giant monster. Attacks completed the monster would loose another roar; four sets of eyes scanning the battlefield.

View user profile

13 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:21 pm

avatar
The pilot was in much worse condition than Arrwyn had expected, and she frowned realizing that simple fact. She wasn’t a medic, nor was she knowledgeable in any sort of medical discipline, though she did know a fair amount of standard knowledge. Still this was something that would be best left for one of their medics, rather than her. Similarly, not knowing the extent of the man’s injuries meant she didn’t want to risk moving him, as doing such a thing could simply make such things worse for all she knew.

The Nuckalevee had apparently noticed them, it would seem, and Arrwyn had enough warning, being the secondary target of the creature’s attack rather than the first to react. She didn’t see how effective the first attack had been, however she herself jumped over the arm as it attempted to strike her, and it would seem to anyone else that she’d stopped midair, right above the claw, though her stillness didn’t last. The noble drew her sabre mid-flip before having activated her semblance, and she would attempt a slash at the inky black arm hoping to cut into it before it could retract or continue attacking. Arrwyn frowned as she noted the situation, two of their fighters seemed to have been struck, with no telling whether they’d be getting back up or not yet. Normally her priority would be to get the pilot out, but a mix of not knowing if such actions would be safe, as well as the fact they’d need more fighters on the field right now made her current actions obvious.

Arrwyn would fly at the creature, taking it’s roars more as a challenge than anything while trying to ignore the pit in her stomach due to the fact it’d already seemingly taken down, if not at least temporarily neutralizing two of their fighters. Still she’d need to buy time for the more medically inclined students, and her ability to fight at range was less than stellar. She’d fly by the creature, slashing at the unarmored stomach area of the human looking aspect of the creature. She would use the extra momentum to spin into a turn, attempting to similarly slash into the horse half’s side, above the armor as she floated more forward.

The Blonde’s end point would leave her forward and to the left of the Grimm in question, and assuming her flight she’d have come to a stop midair roughly ten feet from the creature. While She was less than comfortable being so close, The blonde knew she’d only be at further disadvantage if she tried to keep her distance.

HP 150/150 AP 140/150

Actions taken: semblance activated and used to dodge. Three armed attacks attempted at 25 damage per attack before defenses.

View user profile

14 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:23 pm

avatar
Faeth ducked behind the container as the nuckalevee struck, alright, I just need to get up there and hope it doesn't see me. It knows I'm here, so I just have to stay quiet until it forgets me. The place in question was the roof of a warehouse that seemed pretty solid.

She didn't know if the people who had stayed inside the bullhead were alright, and honestly didn't care at the moment. She raced through the wreckage of the dockyard, weaving between massive containers and smaller debris as she stealthily made her roundabout way towards the building. Every time it seemed that she might be spotted, she would hide and freeze, waiting for the next opportunity to sneak from cover to cover.

This would be a slow process and she would have to forego any attempt to attack the beast if she wanted to take it by surprise. Well, as by surprise as one could against a creature that knew about you.

(No action, regenerates 5 sp)

View user profile

15 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:54 am

avatar
Valerie began to take note of how she seemed to be going on relatively uncontested now, and she could take advantage of that in her own way. She began by calling her dog back with a sharp whistle, causing Paprika to run back to Val's feet, but continue to growl at the Nuckalavee. Now that he was in safe distance of herself, she would start to back off now and try to keep to the edges of it's attention.

However, this did not halt her action in the slightest, as she was still the support for the team. There were no serious injuries that she could advance to deal with at the moment, not without drawing attention that is. Valerie decided to take a bit of pre-emptory action with this knowledge in mind.

Those same golden wisps from before seemed to flow around her like a fiery current as she focused herself, squeezing the grip of her sidearm and handle of her shield before a pair of beams shot from her silhouette and traced along to Arrwyn and Ciyen. Her own aura seamlessly bound to theirs and outlined them with a thin light.

"Don't waste your own strength when you can borrow mine." She called out with a sing-song laugh, quite contrasting to the atmosphere of combat that they were currently locked in right now.

~~~~~~~~~~

HP: 110
SP: 150

Valerie's Actions:
Cast a barrier on Arrwyn and Ciyen: -40 SP; -20 Damage from the next attacks on them
Recovery Aura: +5 SP

Paprika:
HP: 40
SP: 20

Actions: None

View user profile

16 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:19 pm

avatar
Ciyen swiftly expanded her shield once again and braced herself for attack as she saw the nuckelavee’s claws advancing towards her, stopping her progress towards the pilot, though she could tell that the man was seriously injured. She glanced only briefly at both the other girl who was now flying and the one who had bestowed a sort of aura ‘gift’ on her, yelling to the latter, “Thanks, but I think our pilot could use some help too!”

With the surge of strength granted by Valerie’s semblance, Ciyen was able to stay mostly in place when the nuckelavee’s attack connected with her shield. Of course, the strength of the impact alone was enough to hurt her through all her defenses, if only a little.

She was still almost ensnared in the Grimm’s claws, but it mostly held her shield, and she struggled to push back against the massive creature’s strength, trying to push the arm aside, at which point she’d hurriedly drop her shield and make a single attack with her chainsaw.

__________________________________________________________________


Nuckelavee attacked Ciyen for 60 Damage
60 - (DEF, 20+Shield, 10) - Val’s assist of 20 = 10 damage taken

Ciyen attempts to push arm to side in order to switch to chainsaw and make an attack
(STR, 20+Chainsaw, 10) for 30 damage before defenses

View user profile

17 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:28 am

avatar
The Nuckelavee Deals 60 Damage before Defences

The Nuckalevee would be battered on all sides, the flying girl's slashes grazing the beast and leaving a lingering trail of black smoke; Ciyen's chainsaw blow leaving a gash and resulting in another wisp of smoke being released. There wasn't a lot of smoke released but it made it clear to the hunters that their blows were indeed doing something! They were causing some kind of damage. Naturally the giant Grimm didn't like that. Both sets of arms whipped back to the form, however the remained their incredible length. The horse head locked eyes with Valerie while the humanoid one looked to the flying girl.

The limbs immediately became a whirlwind, thrashing and whipping around the form of the beast; a long limb would chase up to smack at Arrwyn from behind while Ciyen would need to content with a stray right claw racing for her lower left thigh. Valerie would have the worst to deal with however. The giant horse form of the Grimm's lower half would attempt to ram her; its head lowered reached the height of her own, but as if to add insult to injury one of the creature's giant claws would launch toward the faunus' collarbone. If she could avoid the charge however the Nuckalevee would be faced with the downed aircraft and in fact run straight into it; stunning it for a moment and giving the group an opportunity.

View user profile

18 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:25 pm

avatar
The fact her blows were at least being noticed by the creature was noted, though Arrwyn was a bit annoyed to note that she didn’t really know how effective the attacks she’d made really were. This wasn’t just any Grimm after all, and while she had some trepidation at who was fighting with her, she still wanted to be able to say they had a chance. The spin of the creature’s limbs was unmistakable, and Arrwyn decided the best way that to dodge was to step into the creature’s guard, and as such making it’s extended reach more to her advantage.

She floated forward to avoid the strike to her back instead, and her sword flashed upwards in an attempted strike of the creature’s arm, making it come down again at the height of it’s travel, adding a second strike onto the first before spinning into a thrust at what would be the creature’s stomach. Arrwyn couldn’t really see what was going on, being stuck in extremely close combat, she flew upward now, making an upward strike along with her ascent to strike the underside of his chin.


“You’re gonna have to work a bit harder than that.” She taunted, giving the creature a cheeky smirk.

View user profile

19 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:01 pm

avatar
With the creature distracted, Faeth made her way up the ladder to the roof and waited for the shot. From this angle, both heads would be lined up. She created another HEAP and loaded it, flicking the selector to burst. If this worked out the way she hoped, the first shot would weaken the armor allowing the regular bullets to hit the soft bits underneath with less trouble. By her calculation, the third and final bullet should pass through the man head and hit the horse head.

Of course, that was in a perfect world. In the real world, Faeth was completely reliant on luck. She gently squeezed the trigger and let the gun fire. Afterwards, the sniper crawled below the lip of the building and called through the scroll again, "if someone has spare dust I can make more powerful bullets. Meet me at the top of the warehouse nearest to the fight, Southeast corner." The beginning of a plan formed in her mind.

Gunpowder Saint- -20 SP
HEAP -20 unmitigated damage
Regular attack - 30 before defense

View user profile

20 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:38 am

avatar
Valerie relied on instinct here. Mostly because she didn't really have a contingency for what to do if attention had happened to be drawn to herself, even despite her best efforts to make herself seem insignificant. She saw a charging horse, she rolled out of the way of said charging horse while instinctively raising a bubble in case she had been caught out by it anyway.

This turned out to be advantageous as she was smacked away by the claw of the creature and skidded off to the side, almost drifting into the stormy waters before she would finally be halted.

Rolling her shoulders, she stood up, more than a little bit miffed, but still keeping her composure. "Ooookayyy..." Valerie mumbled to herself before popping a potion from her shield and uncorking it. Blue. She then flicked it up to her mouth and downed it like a shot before haphazardly tossing it away. She then growled a bit before starting back towards the rest of the group.

~~~~~~~~~~

HP: 105
SP: 160

Valerie's Actions:
Cast a barrier on herself: -20 Dam from Claw; -20 SP
Drink SP Potion: +25 SP; -1 Aura Potion
Recovery Aura: +5 SP

Paprika:
HP: 40
SP: 20

Actions: None

View user profile

21 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:29 pm

avatar
Ciyen continued to advance toward the pilot, keeping her eyes on the Nuckelavee’s claws, taking a leap over the one advancing towards her and coming out into a roll. She kept running, sliding to a stop when she was finally in front of the pilot. She glanced at the Nuckelavee and grimaced; it was much too close for comfort now, and though she saw it was charging and might hit the wreckage, she quickly raised her hand towards it. Her eyes flashed with the same fire that now appeared in front of both of the Grimm’s pairs of eyes. It would not burn, as her semblance never did, but Ciyen hoped the bright blue flash would temporarily blind the Grimm. Regardless of what happened, she would carefully pull the pilot out, making sure not to jostle him at all; she did not know the full extent of his injuries, after all; set down her chainsaw and shield for a moment, and pull off her dark gray sweater, firmly but carefully pressing down on where the bleeding was the worst. She put her shield back onto her arm in case she needed to defend herself, but hopefully she would be safe for a few moments.

__________________________________________________________________


Actions-- Attempted to blind Nuckelavee using semblance’s light. -20 SP from using twice
Attempting to stop the worst of the pilot’s bleeding with her sweater

Recovery aura, +5 SP

SP 95  | HP  180

View user profile

22 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:19 am

avatar
The Nuckelavee Deals 60 Damage before Defences

Having crashed into the airship the Knuckleve was a might distracted, however this blindness would be furthered by a flash of flaming light to it's side. For a moment, completely disorientated, the creature would blindly lash around itself with it's long limbs; attempting to form some kind of barrier to both injure any oncoming hunters as well as simply help keep them away. These whipping limbs would, unintentionally, begin to shred the hull of the airship to ribbons; a fire could be seen beginning to form within the craft even despite the pouring rain. It would be at this time that all of the sniper's shots connected, due to its flailing movements the shots wouldn't reach their intended points (the semblance round cutting into a limb) but all three made contact on the creature's blackened form. Unleashing a screech from it's humanoid head, still completely blind, the monster would turn and begin to charge back toward the centre of the docks; acting on primal instinct to get further from whatever was hurting it... not knowing the attacker was far off.

Once in the centre of the clearing, still screaming and stomping, the creature would begin to lash out at the surrounding ship containers; some of the higher containers began to tumble into the water.

View user profile

23 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:00 pm

avatar
It seemed like they were doing a good bit of damage to the Nucklavee, Arrwyn noted with some satisfaction. The creatures attacks did do a number on the airship however, and Arrwyn managed to find herself near blindsided by one of the creature’s limbs, only just managing to get her Sabre up in time to brace herself for the attack k. Though that didn’t stop the creatures claws from getting in a glancing blow, even with the protection that Val had given her. Still Arrwyn remained airborne, floating back to get some distance and away from the claws after taking the hit.

She saw the sniper rounds connect, before flinching back slightly at the screech the creature let out. She’d turn to the girl with the chainsaw after the creature ran off, noting the fire within the airship as a major concern, considering the pilot was still in there.  “You should get him out of there, I can keep that thing busy.” She stated before flying off.   The noble girl knew it’d be difficult to approach, though the falling shipping containers gave her an Idea, and Arrwyn decided to try using them as cover for her approach, keeping the metal container between herself and the creature as it fell into the sea.

She’d approach from the creature’s side, flying in a delivering a slash to the neck of the horse head. Hoping to move quickly she’d angle upward with a second diagonal slash as she floated up that would cut into the animal head before, her flight brought the blade right into the humanoid’s shoulder.  Arrwyn wasn’t quite done though, and she would use the momentum from the last attack to fuel a spin that ended with her slashing the humanoid half of the Nuckalavee’s back. She’d be now floating just behind the human half of the horse creature, her sword still extended.


HP 130/150  (  60-20=40-20 for Val’s semblance defense earlier=20 damage) AP:120/150


Each Attack would do 25 damage before defense.

four attacks made.



Last edited by Arrwyn Ellavir on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

24 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:09 pm

avatar
Faeth found herself with a bit of a dilemma. On the one hand, she had inflicted what appeared to be a critical hit. On the other, the flailing about had made things worse for anyone near it. She bit her lip and ran along the roof before leaping onto a crate, rolling to absorb the impact and keep momentum going as she jumped across another crate to reach a damaged crane.

Using her animal nature to help scale the structure, Faeth tried to think of every possible way she could to put this thing down fast and came to the same conclusion every time, "well fuck me."

The sniper perched in the cab of the crane and pulled a barrel from her pack, deftly swapping out the barrels of her gun, she fished out three special shells that she had made for emergencies. She had, in effect, made her rifle into an antitank gun. It would be hell on her shoulder and she would have to zero in the sights again, but if it worked, the nuckluvee would be in agonizing pain long enough for her, "alright, three shots, no mistakes can be made, no pressure." She calmed her breathing and flicked the switch to single fire and aimed down the scope. Breath in. Breathe out. Focus. Not yet. But soon.

View user profile

25 Re: Of Grimm Magnitude (Open to 6) on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:37 am

avatar
Due to her approach from afar, Valerie was lucky enough to avoid the whirlwind of limbs without needing to exert herself. The real exertion came from identifying possible threats in the form of debris that may come her way, narrowly diving out of the way of a shipping container that was sent careening off towards her. The water from the storm matted her blouse even worse than the torrent itself had, and she behan to notice the thin fabric clinging to her skin in an irritating manner.

Valerie lied prone on the soaked deck for but a moment before she pulled herself onto all fours after collapsing her shield so that she could be a bit more mobile. Her demeanor darkened as she growled a bit and rose her gun off to the side and leveled it at the beast while it ran past her. "I swear... I'm gonna... Grrhh..."She'd pop off two shots out of spite, never knowing if the rounds hit their mark as she pulled herself to her feet. Valerie extended her shield in preparation to continue the battle without missing a beat.

~~~~~~~~~~

HP: 105
SP: 165

Valerie's Actions:
Rattled 2 shots at the Nuckalavee as it ran past her (35 + 35 = 70 Dam)
Recovery Aura: +5 SP

Paprika:
HP: 40
SP: 20

Actions: None

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum