You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking Silence; More Than She Can Chew?[Ask to Join~]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

avatar
Yin swayed back and forth, her blade raking the ground behind her. Her eyes glared ahead of her with murderous intent, un-waking to reason. She joined the academy for two reasons. Explore dust, kill Grimm. No evidently baseless curfew would stand her way. Besides. The last time she had seen a Grimm, it had stolen very important things for her. This was a long time coming.

She came to stand in a fair gap between the trees. Plenty of open space for what she had in mind. She whipped her blade across to her front, driving it in the ground in a manner dishonorable to the shining family metal. Maybe this wasn't like her. Not collected like her. But it was a long time coming.

With an inhalation, sharp and deep, she gives a roar of angst, and pent up aggression. For a few moments, she basks in the glorious sound of her emotion bouncing from tree to tree. The air was sweeter for now, when she knew it would run dry in her lungs soon enough. I was silly to come here alone. She could get hurt, crippled, or worse. It was silly. Immature. But... I was a long time coming.

View user profile
avatar
Warren let out a sigh of annoyance, leaves crunching quietly underfoot as he stalked through the forest. Finnek Forest always unsettled him a little, trees weren't meant to be blue after all, but it all seemed just a little bit creepier at night...

He glanced up at the sky, the moon and the stars shrouded by the leaves, making everything even darker as only slight slivers of moonlight cut through the branches overhead. It would've been nearly impossible for Warren to see anything if it wasn't for the small globe of light he held out in his hand, illuminating the woods around him. Warren let out another sigh as he contemplated how he had gotten here. It'd been a nice day out in the town, and after laying down on a grassy hill at a park somewhere in town, Warren inadvertently passed out, and woke up hours later just as the sun was setting. Rather than head back to Syne, and likely face a lecture, he'd decided to stay the night in Bellmuse, but soon found himself unable to sleep after his long nap. Rather than sit around and do nothing for several hours, he had decided instead to do something productive and head out into the forest to do some work. Lucky for him he had brought his equipment to town for some maintenance that he had lacked the tools to handle. It seemed like his time would still be wasted however, seeing as he'd been wandering these woods for a while now and still hadn't found a single thing.

Warren was just about ready to turn back when a scream tore through the relative silence of the forest, Warren's head snapping immediately towards the sound, his hand crushing and snuffing out the light he held on instinct. That scream sounded as if it'd come from a human, female... Was someone in danger? It hadn't sounded like a cry of distress though, closer to anger. Was there a fight going on? There were no tell-tale signs of combat; no sounds of steel ringing and clashing, no bestial cries of the Grimm, nothing like that. He narrowed his eyes as he tried to figure out what it could possibly be, before deciding that it didn't matter what the scenario was. A scream meant trouble, and trouble meant, as a Hunter, he was obligated to help.

Warren burst into a sprint, heading for the direction of the scream, but is soon halted as he runs into a series of low-hanging branches and entangling brush, waving and flailing his arms wildly in a tumble of snapping branches and clanging metal. He had acted on impulse and had not waited for his eyes to adjust to the darkness before running off. "Goddammitcrapfuckshitterasrgheragh!" Warren cried, his string of curses trailing off into gibberish as he tried to free himself. With a final loud 'crack', Warren snapped off the final offending branch, tossing it aside in a huff. He was glad no one was around to see that... Though it was likely that someone had been around to hear it. Warren let out one final "Fuck!" before dashing into the forest again, a little more cautiously this time.

View user profile
avatar
Yin's hand twitched. Every part of her pleaded desperately to flick the sword in the direction of the sound. Kill it like it begged to be killed... No... It was human, and far off. She sighed closing her eyes. It sounded like a train moving towards her with all of that clanking. She was attracting the wrong attention, and now someone was coming to steal her thunder. No matter. If it was more than she would handle, maybe he would help.

She didn't want to move from her spot though. She had to telegraph her position to the enemy. They couldn't be uncertain. The stranger, or whatever it was, wasn't helping much in keeping a focused proximity. She tilted her head in the sounds direction. "Name!?" She demanded in something akin to a bark. She inhaled deeply again, ready to make another bestial scream. It was a challenge to any Grimm in the area. This was her territory now.

View user profile
avatar
Warren slowed himself down into a walk as he saw the clearing, and more importantly, the figure of a person, up ahead of him, coming to a stop just short of breaking through and letting himself catch his breath for a moment, each pant escaping from the vents in his helmet in a small cloud of steam from the cold evening air. He took a moment to study whoever it was standing out there.

A girl, probably half-a-foot shorter than Warren stood there, slender figure, with long black hair, stood there, seemingly defiant of something, a long and thin curved blade embedded in the ground in front of her, the handle seemingly as long as the blade itself. A Huntress? She seemed on the younger side of things though... A student of Syne like he was?

His thoughts and observations were cut off as she turned her head towards him. "Name!?", he heard her demand. For a second, Warren considered saying nothing and trying to stay hidden, but quickly discarded the thought. After all the noise he had made, there was no hiding the fact that there was someone here, and if he could see her, she could likely see him just as well, if not better. A suit of armor was a little hard to hide after all.

He stepped out into the clearing proper, hands held out in front of him in a placating manner. "It's normally polite to introduce yourself first before asking someone's name... But for a girl like you? Name's Warren." Warren said, giving a quiet chuckle to show that he was joking, hoping to break some of the tension. He remained silent for a moment, glancing around the clearing before deciding to elaborate a little more. "I heard a scream, thought there was trouble... You the screamer?"

View user profile
avatar
Yin's roar turned into a sigh. She turned the rest of her body to face the man. "Yin Sterling." She threw in, with the slightest bit of venom on her tongue. The boy was killing her atmosphere. Here she was trying to zone into a ferocious, petty, revenge scheme, and some tin can had the gal to offer and lecture her on the formalities of a greeting.

She shrugged at the question."I am, but there's no trouble here. Not yet at least...." She responded in a disappointed tone, and tuned back to face her sword. She didn't have anything to say to the stranger at the moment, but it was good that he arrived. She didn't have to feel guilty about having back up now. Hopefully he was an ally. Probably a student.

View user profile
avatar
Warren winced inwardly at the venom in Yin's voice. Apparently his attempt at an ice breaker didn't work too well. He had a way with women, he did... Or maybe it was just this forest. Yea, that was definitely it... After all, he was a charming guy, right? Right?

Still, she responded to his question, so maybe there was hope that he wasn't just universally hated by women. Warren took a moment to study the girl as he processed her words, giving her a once over. She seemed, what was the word... melancholy, maybe? She definitely seemed like she was waiting for something, and with this combined with the fact that was standing out in the middle of a Grimm infested forest, it wasn't all that hard to figure out what she was doing.

"You know, there are easier ways of committing suicide..." Warren said, crossing his arms and giving Yin a bit of a dissaproving look, not like she could see it from behind his helmet. Okay, maybe that was a little hypocritical of him, seeing as how he was out wandering the forest at night as well, but at the very least he wasn't screaming his lungs out trying to draw the attention of every Grimm between here and Bellmuse. He shook his head, looking around the forest once more, this time for any signs of the presumed monsters that were likely heading this way now. "Well, probably a little too late to run now... So I might as well stick around and make sure you come back in one piece." As much as Warren tried to make himself sound reluctant, a small part of him was excited for what was to come. It was, after all, another chance to prove himself.

View user profile
avatar
Yin's face became a bit disgruntled at the notion of suicide, her mind rationalizing the idea for a split second before she shook it away from her mind. No way she was going to die in a way that /wasn't/ fighting a horde of bloodthirsty soulless-husk monsters. She sighed, and slumped back onto her rear, before transitioning to her back to groan. This was so disappointing. She had imagined such a lovely little brawl in her head. All that was really out here was a polite "Knight of the Round" wannabe.

Her head gave a lazy turn to Warren, staring him down with a blank, or maybe just pensive, look on her face. "I don't need, or want your help." Though perhaps need was something she would be eating her words for later tonight. " 'Sides, It's rude to greet someone with your face covered up too, you know?" She stated in a factual tone, and turned her head back to a lonely tree limb with a friendly bug.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum