You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Fri May 15, 2015 8:35 pm

avatar
This was another place of solitude for the lazy boy. Just like his spot in the library Richard had a corner in the tavern, granted it wasn't quite as messy. Just a single table covered in messy sheets of paper. He slouched, sitting on a dark red seat within a booth made for many people and accompanied only by his work and a large jar of candied cherries. He was the only one here, besides the bartender, in these early hours. If ever there was a fruit he had to eat forever, it would be cherries... he would also question why he was being forced to eat only one fruit forever and probably claim he liked stir-fry more than fruit but regardless, cherries were good.

The lazy boy rarely, if ever, did work but at the quiet tavern he could find solace and plot. Richard was a rather strange duster, having only stumbled across some of the stuff by chance; left by the original Lionheart. The eccentric man had forgotten to take his when he'd left the village, landing Richard with a whole lot of dust he couldn't even use. It'd taken more than half the vials just to figure out how to use it but by now he was rather adept. Not the best by any means while in combat but his knowledge of the stuff was quite superior to most. All that he knew at least, well... probably with one exception but even then he wasn't sure. Gyro Lionheart was kind of... a powerful idiot rather than a wise sensei. His knowledge was probably lacking in hindsight, Richard had recently decided.

While in the orphanage his mentor had told him about its ways but not so much taught him how to use it, claiming; "Eh, 't's up to you. Use it however you feel like using it. Ya don't want my method, quickest route is always a detour. You’ll become too much of a perfectionist, Nyoho!"

The short boy grumbled at his mentor's inability to deal in facts, preferring philosophy and theorising, it'd been around a month since he'd seen the flamboyant man. He had found something rather interesting without him though and was now working on his own method of using it, daring to look into the science behind a magical element.

"Force equals mass times acceleration... however the density and height is the main issue... too small yet having a high density and it'll be slow, too big and having a low density and it'll just crumble. Density equals mass over volume... I need to find life's happy medium to perfect this well I mean…no…well... yeah actually I would say this is creating life. Stupid life but life nonetheless."

The short boy scratched his head, eating a cherry, a sheets littered by equations lay before him. Every element would have to have a different makeup, even if he did only did have earth and ice now he’d need to know various others just in case. The sheets were messy yet a clear solution was slowly but surely rearing its head, soon he would no longer have to fight for himself or when he did he'd have someone else to help... someone entirely under his control. Who wouldn't question, squabble or attempt to take his place on top. A mindless slave, easy and quiet… that and preferably tall so that he could ride on their shoulders instead of walking. Has to have fingers to use the vending machine for him, can’t be stuck with solid fists; has to have fingers. Does it even need a head? Not like it has to have a brain, or even will have a brain. Unless flesh dust is a thing… probably is but Richard certainly had very few if any plans to use it. Give the thing conscious thought and who knows what it’d do, tear things apart probably.

It was a slow Sunday afternoon, a light drizzle quietly pouring outside. He wasn’t really supposed to be here, curfew was still in effect. Honestly though, none of the teachers had shown even the slightest dust aptitude. The teachers were all useless. Revan was far too chummy, probably trying to make him his puppet or perhaps he was even just teasing him. Trying to make Richard look the fool. The short boy was sick of the headmistress especially, though he had rarely seen her in person he could feel her eyes and see her influence everywhere. It made him sick to the bone to think of someone with power over so many hunters, especially those who were not yet full-fledged alike himself.

The short boy swallowed the cherry and moved onto another, he was enjoying his time away and the peaceful nature of the setting that surrounded him. The silent jukebox in the corner, the lack of chatter, the quiet sound of the bartender cleaning glasses, the patter of raindrops. As he set back down to work, writing down the answers to massive equations, he was certain that someone would destroy his peace soon. He muffled a yawn, running his left hand along the dust compartment on the underside of his scarf. He made sure he just under two vials of earth and one of ice on him. All of his dust was there. With a far louder yawn he lowered his hand from his scarf and placed it on the table, stabling the paper as he wrote ferociously.


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

2 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Fri May 15, 2015 9:14 pm

avatar
Sevy was out all the day. She had decided that today, one without class that she had to attend, that she'll spend it outside. She decided that she would go on a jogging to train her cardio. So she grabbed everything she would need: a bottle of water, some clothes for after the training, a towel, everything indispensable. She always carries her stuff with her on her runs, falling victim so many times to pranks she thought it was the best way to avoid them. As she stepped outside the seemed great, some dark clouds were visible, but were far enough to not bother her. So she decided to go as she put her headphones on and started running.

Unfortunately, after a while, rain started to drop. Wondering how the clouds could have moved that fast, she looked at the clock in her eye to notice at her surprise that it has been already hours she had been running and the curfew was still going. That means that if she would need to get to the school, it would be under the rain. She decided to go to the closest public place in sight, it was the tavern...

She entered the building, avoiding the rain. She knew that she broke the peaceful silence that was ruling in. She looked at the bartender that seemed suspicious about her age. She slowly walked toward him asking where were the restroom so she could change. She also showed him her Scroll. The man nodded as Sevy was indeed major and pointed a small hallway that leads to the restrooms. She gave a smile to the man before going to change herself, not noticing anyone.

View user profile

3 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Fri May 15, 2015 9:49 pm

avatar
Yin had spent the day reading in the park as per her usual routine. Her luck acting accordingly, the clouds rolled in, and tried to soak her to the bone. There was no chance of finding any sort of peace in her dorm. Her room mate was an inssuferable thing, that loved to blast her music too loud. Noisy sound bytes that only polluted the air space, and cleaned out any sort of calm that might have existed there once upon a time. Having no choice, she made her way to the tavern. It wasn't somewhere she made a point of visiting, but it was a good place to loiter without questions, or harrssment. At least their music was at the level of comfortable background noise.

Entering the door, followed the sound of a jarring bell. She hung her parka over a counter-side seat, and started noting her suroundings. The odd girl, Severa,making her way to the bathroom. She looked soaked, so she was more than likely going to change. Other than that, the boy... Something... She made her way to his table, looking over his shoulder to the equations. That was hardly like him. He wasn't napping, or anything. "That looks like an awful lot of work for you." She observed in her trademark disconnected tone. At least he was still eating junk food, so she knew he wasn't a doppleganger.

View user profile

4 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Sat May 16, 2015 3:35 am

avatar
In town was a nice little book store that sold all kinds of old and new books form new to used and are always in good shape. This was one of the vary few places were Sammey feels save and is welling to talk to the owner. The store had that old lighting feel to it low and soft feel and little stop to read. That was one of Sammeys favorite spots she would almost always sit and do some reading every time she come. She and the store owner would sometimes read and lose track of time and today was one of those days.

Sammey looked at the time and it was getting late and and the curfew was still going for all Syne student's. As she was walked to the door she stopped *It sounds like it maybe raining.* She than headed out the door and started to run. The more she ran the more wet she feet like she was getting. She had to get out of the rain soon one so she can dry off some and two she was wearing white and she seen the tavern and ran in. She was almost soaked for head to toe. She looked around to see two other people talking so she walked to the restrooms to help dry off some.


_________________

Tier 1 Dust: (10x Water) (10x Fire) (10x Earth) (10x Air)
Tier 2 Dust: (10x Fire) (10x Water) (10x Earth) (10x Air) (10x Explosion) (10x Ice) (10x Plant) (10x Thunder)
Tier 3 Dust:(5x Fire) (5x Water) (5x Earth) (5x Ice) (5x Lightning) (5x Light) (5x Shadow)
5x poison
Shadow's Bane
View user profile

5 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Sat May 16, 2015 8:18 am

avatar
An instant scowl took over Richard's face at the sound of the bell above the door, disturbing his train of thought. The boy grumbled under his breath as a familiar looking girl skipped by, heading toward the toilet. She had just passed him when the bell rung again, the short boy grew furthermore agitated; the claws on his left hand extending slightly. He was about to recover and return to his work when a familiar sounding voice commented from behind him.

In an instant Richard compiled all of his messy sheets into a single pile, the sheet he was currently working on stacked on top. He couldn't let anyone see this, he immediately shifted himself around to the center of the large semi-circular seated booth, preventing the girl from eavesdropping over his shoulder. Unfortunately he had forgotten to cover the sheet's title; "Creating life from dust," but from over here and upside down that was likely all she could read.

The short boy stared up at the girl, recognising her; "Tsk,Tsk Bin. It's impolite to stare over someone's shoulders, or so I've been told. And as for your comment, only reason I can afford to be so lazy most of the time is because I'm so much better at hunting than you all." He yawned, an idea to quickly switch the subject and stop her trying to find out what he was working on quickly brewed as the bell rang to signal another newcomer; "So then, you and that girl... Chimera, that's the name. You two breaking the rules to go out on a date, tsk tsk. You two entered the establishment at around the same time, too similar for it just to be coincidence in my mind. Just waiting for her to come out the bathroom before a night of drinks and party? Tsk, tsk."

The boy reached across the table, pulling the large jar of cherries over and skewering one on each of his left hand's claws, glad in knowing she would likely be too embarrassed to press him for his work.


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

6 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Sun May 17, 2015 2:43 pm

avatar
As Sevy entered the restroom, she dropped her bag on the ground and started to undress herself from her soaked gym clothes. She put the clothes in a plastic bag before taking her towel and a set of dry clothes. She dried herself the more she could before someone entered the restroom as well. Sevy immediately blushed from the sudden new person and she tried to cover herself but then noticed that she was more soaked than her, and in white. Sevy, still blushing, handed out the set of dry clothes to the girl. "H-here, take those... It l-looks like you could need it too. And don't worry, I have a spare set." She gave the girl a smile with the clothes. She insisted to be sure she wouldn't stay in wet clothes. The set was one of her numerous school-like set, she forgot how many of those she had, put she loves the style of school uniforms. She actually had two sets in her bag. Always be prepared her mother said...

Sevy changed herself in her other set of clothes, this one being a beige jacket with a red skirt with white thigh-high, rather than being a black jacket with a blue skirt, being the color of the set she gave the other girl. The set was also made from a white dress shirt, high socks and a pair of shoes. Really, a full set from a school uniform. She gave her a bright smile before asking her a question. "Y-you're from Syne as well, right? Then don't bother with the clothes, give them back to me someday, I don't really mind. I have so many sets like this one, especially in black. If it helps you at the same time, it's good." She then gave the towel to her so she could dry herself up better with also a bag to put the wet ones. "My name is Severa by the way, you can call me Sevy. It's nice to meet you. I'll probably be waiting for the rain to stop before going back in the school, so maybe we can talk in the tavern. I'll be there, just join me, okay?" She then exited the restroom with her bag.

As she had a first real look over the place, she noticed two person, Richard who gave the guided tour a while back, and Yin with who Sevy had a nice time after she had met her on the said tour. They seemed to be talking so Sevy decided to pop in."Hello you two, it's nice to see you, what did bring you here?" She was smiling, glad to see them, well more Yin than Rich, but she didn't heard what Rich said about the date, so she wasn't blushing... at least for now... She looked at the paper Richard was trying to hide and saw its title. The only thing Sevy could think about it's that Richard was another type of Duster, like her, but both differently. If she had the chance to ask him things about his way of use, she could learn something interesting.



Last edited by Severa Crowley on Mon May 18, 2015 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

7 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Sun May 17, 2015 8:25 pm

avatar
Yin smirked at the boys remark. It was a bit entertaining that he thought elementary humor would get to her. Fortunately, middle school was a long time ago, and she had better things to keep her mind. That's why she her cheeks were a pinkish hue of course... "Your inferiority complex noted, I take no offense. Don't worry, I won't hold against you that you need to vent somewhere." She went on with a mischievous smile. She whipped her hair around, ringing it out to make sure she got a few drops on Rich's project or whatever it was he was up too, and properly irk him. "After all, I would be upset if my waitress asked me if I needed a booster seat, too." She finished off in a deceptively honeyed tone.

She walked around to the front of the table, taking note of the title. Looks like she wasn't the only one in it for the advancement of dust. At least she didn't have to fear someone on Rich's level of morality. He was only ahead due to time. She would surpass this one in no time. "I've been researching a similar subject by the way. Though I suspect your goal isn't as auspicious as it seems, is it? She continued letting her words flow with a poisonous tone. After all you get what you give with Yin, and he was tempting of many of her least favorable vocabulary words.

View user profile

8 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Mon May 18, 2015 12:52 am

avatar
As Sammey walked in there was someone els there. Sammey immediately tryed to cover her self for the other girl. She looked at the girl to see she was doing the same thing as well. Sammey was blushing as much as the other girl was trying to cover her self as well "H-here, take those... It l-looks like you could need it too" Sammey the looked at the dry clothes the other girl was holding out to Sammey. She looked at the girl to see she was smiling, as Sammey took them and was about to say something the girl pulled out another outfit. The outfits looked like school uniforms it was a a black jacket with a blue skirt with dress shirt, high socks and a pair of shoes. "Th-tha-thank you." As Sammey started to take off the wet clothes the other girl started to talk, asking for she is form Syne as well and to return the clothes some other time at Syne.


Then a towel was being handed to he to dry off some more "Th-thank you."  "My name is Severa by the way, you can call me Sevy. It's nice to meet you. I'll probably be waiting for the rain to stop before going back in the school, so maybe we can talk in the tavern. I'll be there, just join me, okay?" Sammey nodded "O-okay Sevy." As Sammey dryed off and started to put on the dry clothes Sevy walked out of the restroom. Not long after Sevy walked out Sammey put her wet Clothes in the bug Sevy gived her. Once she did that she too walked out putting on the jacket. Sammey looked around for Sevy and seen her with some other people. Sammey than slowly walked to the group but stopped about 15 feet away not knowing if she could join the group.


_________________

Tier 1 Dust: (10x Water) (10x Fire) (10x Earth) (10x Air)
Tier 2 Dust: (10x Fire) (10x Water) (10x Earth) (10x Air) (10x Explosion) (10x Ice) (10x Plant) (10x Thunder)
Tier 3 Dust:(5x Fire) (5x Water) (5x Earth) (5x Ice) (5x Lightning) (5x Light) (5x Shadow)
5x poison
Shadow's Bane
View user profile

9 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Mon May 18, 2015 11:07 am

avatar
Richard immediately shifted bringing the papers onto his lap and kicked his feet onto the table, preventing anyone from seeing anymore of his work, he scowled at her, seething with anger and sarcasm; "Wow, A height joke. Never heard that before, what with me being so tall." This would be all too easy, Bin's weapon was in clear view and a quick scan of the room told him everything he had to know.

The short boy yawned, dropping one of the cherries into his mouth; "I can never be bothered talking, It's so tiring, but you've ticked me off." He swallowed the cherry and pointed at her, "You exemplify why I'm better than so many of the people here. In that single line of dialog you've given away too much, revealed that you are a dust user. You wield a sword and make no attempt to hide it, giving insight into your other form of combat. You took off your parka at the door, showing that not only do you keep your lien far closer to your person."

He yawned as a breather, "But now you've left yourself with little room for poisons or medicines. Likely meaning you do not use them or simply do not have them. All I need to know is your semblance and you've lost, you know I use dust sure but what else? Besides that and me being short you know nothing. I wear baggy clothing and a scarf as well as bring this hat to every occasion because it makes you think. Are there guns up my sleeves? Is there a dagger on the underside of my shin? Do I store my dust in my hat? Your absence of knowledge could lose you most any fight with me."

The short boy sighed, "I can be so lazy because I'm waiting for you all to catch up, just for me to overtake you again in the next leg. And as for my goal I wouldn’t even think about telling you mine without you telling yours first, naturally. Dust has far too many applications for anyone to guess it’s usage on a whim."

Inspiration struck Richard just a moment after he noticed another girl. He drew a blank sheet and set it on top, "Oi oi, Chimera. Looks like your date is here Bin. As for what brought me here; to get away from you lot but it would appear I've failed." He smirked, but his eyes grew wide as he noticed yet another newcomer. "Oi... damit, now she has an advantage on me. See what you've done Bin? Now she has advantage on both of us." He yawned at the newcomer with white hair, "Come over here, I'm sure you'll get along swimmingly with these brats. Better than sitting alone on a rainy day, probably."

He didn't want to lose this train of thought so immediately began to sketch his idea, shifting back to sitting normally.


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

10 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Mon May 18, 2015 1:23 pm

avatar
Sevy pouted as Rich hid his notes. It wasn't fair, she didn't have as much time as Yin to look at it. She decided to retaliate this injustice by sneakily steal one of the cherry as she sat down by the table, on the left end. She didn't eat it right away, she kept it in her mouth. She looked around the tavern  and found it pretty unusual that it was empty. She wasn't the kind to go in such establishment, but by common knowledge, it strange that a tavern would be empty. As she was looking, she listened to Rich and Yin, more Rich obviously as he was talking more, about how he is so better than everyone...

"Ugh... What is it? Have you listened to him? Yes, so? Are you serious, that guy thinks he's all better and superior, and for what? He's been at Syne for longer? That doesn't mean anything, we could be better than him for all he knows. But he might have a better experience than us. I don't care if he did, what he should do is not go about his "talent" without a proper setup, like we ask him, but NOooooo, mister "I'm the best" is shoving that in our face... I guess... I'm taking the rein, it's decided,I'm going to tell him my way of thinking. B-but wait! Nope, no waiting, see you later sugar..."

Sevy looked weird for a second as she looked around, she seemed like twitching. She had listened to all the word Richard had said and wasn't really pleased. Plus, did he really called her Chimera? Well that one was kinda ironic... She looked at Rich as she leaned against her elbow on the table."Oi, fancypants, what gives you the right to think you're better than us? Looking at someone isn't even close to be enough to get the feel on someone's abilities. So unless you show us a proof of your potential, just shut it will you..." By "proof of potential", she meant the work he was hiding, she wanted to know and her curiosity was just growing by the seconds. She decided to spit the cherry at him before continuing talking."Now, tell us about that little project of yours of I burn the thing to a crisp..." She had her flintlock ready under the table, she was aiming for the papers he was hiding, but missing the target could so easily happen...

View user profile

11 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Wed May 20, 2015 9:49 am

avatar
Yin stifled a laugh into a chuckle. She wanted to share the fact that he had let on that he was a probably a poison user based on his observations, and definitely a coward based on his apparent obsession with hiding weapons on the body. Or maybe the fact that she was better than him, and that's the reason she didn't need to fight like a coward.Or perhaps that she was smart enough to remember his name, and everyone else, even the most pathetic speck of dust. But definitely the fact that, right now, he looked like a barking lawn gnome. And no one, no matter how angry a lawn gnome got, could probably manage to be insulted, or intimidated by a knee-high garden ornament with a dirty mouth, and the most pitiable of deductive skills. However, the important thing at this point was pacifying Severa's psychotic mode before a fight broke lose, and she was forced to prove his ego so very wrong.

"There, there Severa. Dick is just upset because he feels threatened. Most similarly sized rodents do the same. You shouldn't pay so much attention to the ankle-biters in life, or you'll spend the rest of its duration looking down. Wouldn't want you to hurt your neck." She said in her continuing calm, patting the girl on the back, and fully ready to break the two up when and if the need arised. Not that she didn't want to see the two go at it, but she would probably be billed part of the damages to the shop, so she had to at least convince the sloth to move from his warm seat. Much easier to console the insane huntress, of course.

Yin spared a glance over the shoulder to the newcomer. She had never met the girl before, and had more than a bit of trouble fathoming why on Earth anyone would want to approach such a group, least of all when addressed by someone like Richard. Then again, perhaps she was a friend of Sevy's. "Feel free to join us. Richard was just finishing up embarrassing himself." She assured with a friendly smile.

View user profile

12 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Thu May 21, 2015 6:00 pm

avatar
Sammey did know what was going on but there seemed to be some papers on the table. *I wonder what it for a class paper or some notes.* She than looked at the guy sitting down saying something but she wasn't able to really hear him, but she was able to read his lips. It was long before Sevy by the sound of it was starting to get upset what the guy. Sammey didn't really know what to do and by the way she said she'll burn the thing to a crisp sounded like she had her weapon with her. Then the other girl started to talk to her trying to clam her down. Then the guy and the other girl called Sammey over, the guy didn't sound too happy calling her over but the girl called her over as well with a nice smile.

Sammey nodded and walked over the the group and stood behind Sevy and lowered her head a little. "T-thanks you."


_________________

Tier 1 Dust: (10x Water) (10x Fire) (10x Earth) (10x Air)
Tier 2 Dust: (10x Fire) (10x Water) (10x Earth) (10x Air) (10x Explosion) (10x Ice) (10x Plant) (10x Thunder)
Tier 3 Dust:(5x Fire) (5x Water) (5x Earth) (5x Ice) (5x Lightning) (5x Light) (5x Shadow)
5x poison
Shadow's Bane
View user profile

13 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Fri May 22, 2015 10:40 am

avatar
Richard looked up with a harsh glower, aimed directly at Chimera. As the cherry flew toward him he batted it away with his right; aimed and landing in one of the glasses on the bar. If she thought she would get another word of his project she was very wrong. His left hand claws pierced the papers, lifting them onto the table before immediately shredding them into little ribbons of confetti and his leaving clawmarks on the table. He knew what was on those sheets, he knew just what he had to from them at least. No attempt at intimidation would force him to tell them.

His right hand then immediately shot forward, claws stopping a mere centimetre from her eyes before Yin could even begin to talk. It was simple, if she attacked he would flinch and likely take out both of her eyes. If she put her weapon away, whatever it may be, he would retract his claws and if he was feeling particularly nice not give her some nasty scars. If she tried to move away and shoot he'd be forced to either take the shot or switch places with the cherry in the glass. While Richard had qualms with killing people he saw little wrong with seriously injuring them if they deserved it. He yawned, not listening to Yin and ignoring the new girl in favour of self preservation. He would say nothing, it was up to the girl to decide what happened. If she was smart she would remove her weapon, if she asked nicely he might drop the brat a hint. If she shot though or anyone interfered any chance of that would reduce to zero. Should she decide not to shoot he knew of a little game that would prove beneficial to all of them.


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

14 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Fri May 22, 2015 1:50 pm

avatar
Sevy smiled to Yin, even in her current state, as she made comments on "Dick". She even let go of a giggle. It looked like even if it was the other her that had the rein, Yin could still get a cheery reaction from her. "Oh you, always there to brighten my mood. I missed having you around Yin, you fun to be with." She gave her another smile, this time a closed-eyes one before she turn toward Richard as he was reaping through his papers.

She was looking at him with a disappointed gaze. "What, seriously? W-what? Have you seen this, he's so afraid for us to learn his little secret that he decided to shred his work. A matter of security, if he remembers it he should be okay. This is not the point. It is not? No, that means that whatever it is, it is worth being stupid enough to do this, which means I'm even more interested to know what it is. What will you do then? I will have to play by his rule and "talk" to him, let's just hope that Yin can keep me happy enough with her jokes. Yin is fun to have around. Agree, she's nice to look at too. W-w-what?!? Hey don't be surprised, you think the same. N-n-no, that isn't true... Trying to lie to yourself, really? *Silence* Knew it, okay now, back to the gnome."

As she looked at Richard, she had claws right in front of her, clearly a threat related to her gun under the table. She looked at him a moment, or at least tried because of the claws in front of her. She wondered if he was really that much serious. If he was, that was sad. She put away her gun and raised both her hand to show that they were empty. "Alright alright, here, I'll play nice. Happy? We can't have a little fun just chating with you, can we? Seriously, I pity your attitude, your too uptight, have some fun dammit... Talking about fun..." She slapped Rich's hand away before waving toward the bartender for him to come. She wanted a drink, something to possibly change her current mood and maybe force the other to drink, Rich in particular, she would know what he was hiding. As the bartender approached -she didn't know if he had noticed the claw marks on the table- she winked at Yin with a quick look at Richard before speaking to the tall man. "I would like an iced strawberry brandy pretty please. You guys wants anything? It's on me..." "B-but I didn't brought any money with me! Oh you shut it, we'll figure out something in time. B-b-b-but... No buts, just follow my lead. Do I really have a choice? Touché..." "Please Rich, accept this as an apology, let's have a drink..." She gave a short look at everyone, waiting to see if anyone would order something.

View user profile

15 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Fri May 22, 2015 6:32 pm

avatar
Mature. Yin remarked, watching the boy shred his work. It was almost like he thought she was interested in any research his ilk could manage. She remained unflinching as he brought his claws to her eyes, giving him a disinterested stare, and a lopsided frown that exuded how petty this was to her. He sure talked smart for someone who didn't realize it would only take the flick of her wrist to knock him back into his seat with some wind dust. It was obvious he was still a coward who was too hung up on his own greed to spot a friendly conversation when it came around. He was very willing to fight, but... "It's adorable that you think you're worth a physical confrontation. Frankly, I don't waste dust on small fries." She stated factually, staring past his hands, and into his eyes.

Rich appeared to have a predilection for petty dick mesuring, and she simply wasn't interested. ]"I'm willing to pretend we're all adults if it means I get to continue relaxing." She stated, biting back hard on a genuine reaction to the looks Sevy was giving her. She had just put on the tough face, so it had to stay that way... This was tough time, she assured herself mentally, trying to decide on the drink suggestion. "I'll... Have whatever you have...." She decided aloud, turning to the newcomer. "I don't believe I have your name. Mine's Yin. You've met Sevy, and this is Dick." She would smile again, extending her hand in formality.

View user profile

16 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Sat May 23, 2015 10:40 pm

avatar
Sammey walked up to the group and seen the guy called Richard was about ready to claw out Sevy's eyes. Sammey hoped they weren't going to fight but then the other named Yin started to clam Sevy down. The way Sevys was talking just minutes ago she was going to burn the whole place to the ground. *Thank goodness Yin was able to clam things down.* Sammey than sat down next to Sevy than she asked everyone if they wanted something and it was on her. "I'll... Have whatever you have...." the other girl called out looking at Sammey. Sammey looked over at the other girl with her eyes and seen she was looking at her. "I don't believe I have your name. Mine's Yin. You've met Sevy, and this is Dick." *Oh so hers name is Yin ok andthe guys name is Dick?......Oh it must be short for Richard..i think.* "Hello m-my name is s-sammey a-and do they ha-have any hot tea?" Sammey kaeped her head low so she doesn't have to make eye contact and her wet hair covering her eyes and most of the rest of her face form the others.


_________________

Tier 1 Dust: (10x Water) (10x Fire) (10x Earth) (10x Air)
Tier 2 Dust: (10x Fire) (10x Water) (10x Earth) (10x Air) (10x Explosion) (10x Ice) (10x Plant) (10x Thunder)
Tier 3 Dust:(5x Fire) (5x Water) (5x Earth) (5x Ice) (5x Lightning) (5x Light) (5x Shadow)
5x poison
Shadow's Bane
View user profile

17 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Sun May 24, 2015 9:55 am

avatar
Richard yawned as Severa slapped the hand, increasing the threat by lowering the distance to a mere millimetre before retracting his claws from around Severa's eyes and bringing the hand to his side. With the lazy glint in his eyes he turned to Yin;

"Don't waste dust on this small fry and you'll die fighting him. Also well done, you've graduated from height jokes to jokes about my name, they're really not much more mature are they? Adult? Pah. Please, you're clearly a brat at heart."

He then turned to the bartender, having never seriously drank in his life. He certainly wasn't going to order some kind of stupid, multi-coloured, nonsense like Gyro would. He'd order the one semi-decent drink he'd ever had along with something he had planned; "I'll take rum and coke, also a glass and a large jug of water. You should probably leave the tray to, things might get soaked if you don't; assuming the tray has a rim."

Richard reached beneath his scarf; pulling out a small checkers board, needing a break from chess. Strangely they would not be playing the board game, fortunately the pieces were heavy plastic and would sink just fine in water.

"Alright, you want to have fun Chimera? I know of a game which would be mutually beneficial to all of us. All you three need do is promise not to lie and divulge a secret whenever you lose. Be it your semblance, what I had on the paper or even something more personal. I don't really care as long as no one here knows it." With that said he popped open the checkers pack, all twenty four of the pieces landing infront of him on the table before he put the board away again, "However, if any of you are proven to be lying about these secrets... I'll just follow through on what I was going to do to Chimera's eyes only to the liar. If you find me lying then yes you can attempt the same to me. So, I'll explain the rules after you three agree to those terms.


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

18 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Mon May 25, 2015 10:07 am

avatar
Sevy smiled as Yin let her decide of her drink, but she was also surprised. She thought that Yin would at least have an idea of what she would have wanted, but seems like not. But Sevy`s smile turned into a giggle and started to laugh along the bartender as Sammey asked for a hot tea. It wasn`t a mean laugh coming from any of them, they were amused as they thought it was a joke. As they saw that she was serious, the bartender cleared his throat while Sevy returned to a sweet giggle. ``Sorry miss, but we don`t have tea in this place, I`ll serve you the same thing as the two other girls, unless you want the same as this surprisingly-not-a-kid over there?`` The bartender whould go back behind the counter to prepare the drinks, but not before glaring back and forth at Rich and the scratched table.

Sevy would then turn her attention toward Rich and his checkers pieces and wondered what the game was about. All she new was that if she`d lose she would need to reveal a secret and not lie about it. Knowing the ``I`m better than everyone`` part of Rich, it was probably a way to get info from the others so he could ``keep the edge`` if he had any. She listened to his terms before speeking. ``I wanna know the game before agreeing to play. What if it`s a game you`re sure to win just to have an easy way to get infos on us? I won`t be fooled by you...`` She then waited for him to answer while glancing toward the two girls from time to time, especially Yin.

View user profile

19 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Sat May 30, 2015 4:22 pm

avatar
Yin turned her head, focusing everything on comprehending the words in Sammey's meek tone. It was like trying to listen to a mouse whisper. It wasn't a surprise that she entirely missed Dick's address of her. She realized as much, but also appreciated that it was likely more of his petty lawn gnome mud slinging, and elected to accept the loss of nothing at all. In the mean time she offered the new friend a soft smile. She couldn't help but be charmed by someone with so much modesty in the presence of so much ignorance. There was more than one superior character in Sammey when comparing her to short stack.

She would not that Richard was still too incompetent to memorize a simple name. It was much like the kid with straight F's in the classroom, constantly trying to convince the other students that he was smart and simply bored with the material, all the while making himself look like an idiot. "Listen to knee-high speak, Severa. Not to say you should feel threatened by someone too incompetent to remember a name he heard just a moment ago, but his confidence with so little makes it pretty certain he'll rig the game. Besides, you won't get any useful information out of small-fries. It's a lose lose for you." She observed in factual tone, vacant of any personal vendetta, making it simply sound like she was reading his character off of her scroll.

View user profile

20 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Sat May 30, 2015 11:41 pm

avatar
The man looked at than said "Sorry miss, but we don`t have tea in this place, I`ll serve you the same thing as the two other girls, unless you want the same as this surprisingly-not-a-kid over there?" Sammeys than picked her head in a little "Hmm...o-ok i-i'll get what th-they are tha-thank you." She than looked over to Richard as he pulled out a game bored and some checkers pieces. Sammey didn't know how to play checkers but Sevy said something about not knowing now to play the game and about something an easy way to get infos on us.

Than Yin started to say something and it sounded like she was reading something. Sammey just lowered her head a little. She than put her hands onto her lap and just waited until the drinks came or till some one did something els or even say something els.


_________________

Tier 1 Dust: (10x Water) (10x Fire) (10x Earth) (10x Air)
Tier 2 Dust: (10x Fire) (10x Water) (10x Earth) (10x Air) (10x Explosion) (10x Ice) (10x Plant) (10x Thunder)
Tier 3 Dust:(5x Fire) (5x Water) (5x Earth) (5x Ice) (5x Lightning) (5x Light) (5x Shadow)
5x poison
Shadow's Bane
View user profile

21 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Sun May 31, 2015 6:23 pm

avatar
Richard glared at Bin, clearly she was over protective of Chimera. He pondered if he had been right about their date all along. Regardless he grumbled; "Bin, to be frank, if I was going to cheat at this game then why bother even having a game? I could just beat the information out you all couldn't I? But by all means, check the checkers over. You'll find no out of place markings and they all weigh the exact same anyway. And you where pretty interested in what I was working on, guy like me with little social life, do I have many secrets to hide it behind?" The short boy pushed all of the plastic pieces toward their side of the table, none of them had been tampered with.

He then turned back to Chimera yawning, "The game is simple. That man will return with the water and the glass. I'll, or if Bin is such a coward she can, fill the cup to the very brim. Now, we're going to take advantage of something called surface tension. You can very easily push a few of these token into the water before it spills over, even when filled to the brim. Place one in and it'll sink to the bottom, then it's the next person's turn. This goes on until somebody causes the water to flow over the top, be it a little or a lot. . Spill the water you spill a secret. The game is well over eighty percent luck based. I propose we go by the order we entered here in, me then Chimera then Bin then..." Richard frowned for a moment, "Granny, any questions?"

How it'll work out of character/Decide who spills:
The rules are simple, every post you put a token in the glass you roll the Status Effect dice in this thread; [ http://www.rwbyrpg.com/t734-glass-of-water-game-dusters-only-thread-do-you-believe-in-magic-dice-rolls#4177 ].

On the numbers 1 through 3 the token merely drifts to the bottom of the glass and no water flows over the top. On number 4 however you lose a life (of which you have two per glass). The token still floats to the bottom on your first 4 but upon your second the water floods over the top, be it a single drop or a mass flood. The person next in the thread is the one who notices/calls it out that the person before them has spilt. The loser must then give away a secret, be it a way you use dust or something more personal to your character.


_________________
"Call me short and your life'll get a whole lot shorter."
View user profile

22 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:02 pm

avatar
Sevy giggled once again at Yin's passive-aggresivity toward Richard. It was fun to hear, but participating is always better... "It is true that I won't get anything interesting from Shrimpy, but then again, I'm in a playful mood. So I will give a chance to the Kid's game, no one would want him to play alone and cry, right? Plus, I'd be more interested in knowing more about you, Yin, on a more personal level, of course~..." She smirked at her as she was holding her head with her hands with her elbows on the table. The Regular Sevy was all flustered inside, as she didn't know if it was a good idea or not, but she did want to know more...

The bartender then return as Rich was explaining the game, he poured water in the glass as Rich explained and left a tray with the drinks before going back behind his counter. "If it spills, you clean up, got it?" He was the kind to love games apparently. Sevy instinctively picked a piece and gently putted it in the glass, letting go when it was half submerged. "Here, I played first, the best chances are at the beginning as you avoid the build up. Next is you Yin~" She smiled at her once more before taking a sip from her drink.

View user profile

23 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:12 pm

avatar
Yin shot a condescending glance to Rich. Were she at all insecure about her age, or standing she might be offended. But as it stood, this was just a boy making himself out to be petty, ignorant, and highly self conscious[color:b7a9=#orchid]No, you wouldn't fight two. At least if you fight just me you stand a snowballs chance in hell.". She continued in her factual tone.[color:b7a9=#orchid]"There's nothing you have that I could possibly want, or even find useful."

Turning her attention to Sevy, she gave a sigh. It had appeared that she had been outvoted. Not to mention Sevy's comment on getting to know her better was more than a little distracting. What she really wanted to do was go home. She had better things to do then butt heads with the intellectually inferior, or become oddly flustered by the emotionally unstable. She couldn't possibly be bothered to play into a game where Richard would simply pussyfoot around direct questions while Severa blindly plays into his hand. If he really had anything she wanted, it would have been beaten out of him already. [color:b7a9=#orchid]"I'm afraid I don't have the time to watch students make themselves look like fools." She informed, turning on one heel to the bar. She downed the drink that was in preparation, placed some Lien on the table, and retrieved her parka, making her way for the door.

[Thread Exit]

View user profile

24 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:11 pm

avatar
(OOC: I'm sorry but things are coming up and i'm be away for a week or more i'm sorry you may skip me if needed. Once again i'm soo sorry.)


_________________

Tier 1 Dust: (10x Water) (10x Fire) (10x Earth) (10x Air)
Tier 2 Dust: (10x Fire) (10x Water) (10x Earth) (10x Air) (10x Explosion) (10x Ice) (10x Plant) (10x Thunder)
Tier 3 Dust:(5x Fire) (5x Water) (5x Earth) (5x Ice) (5x Lightning) (5x Light) (5x Shadow)
5x poison
Shadow's Bane
View user profile

25 Re: Do You Believe In Magic? [Dusters Only] on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:15 pm

avatar
Sammey just keep looking at the ground than Richard started to tallk about a game they can play something they all had the same odds of winning or losing, But Sammey didn't know if she wants to play. *I-if i lose i'll have to tell everyone a secret an-and i don't know if i can do that.* Than someone was calling someone Granny. She had a funny feeling than the Granny was her starting to get than Richard was bad at names.....really bad with names. "N-no." Than Sevy seemed to have like the game and took her turn and after that Yin didn't sound so happy with this and headed out the door.

Sammey just stayed here she was at not saying anything but looked up and waved bye to Yin. Than she looked at the floor again and put her hand back on her lap. "Ca-can i no-not play this?"


_________________

Tier 1 Dust: (10x Water) (10x Fire) (10x Earth) (10x Air)
Tier 2 Dust: (10x Fire) (10x Water) (10x Earth) (10x Air) (10x Explosion) (10x Ice) (10x Plant) (10x Thunder)
Tier 3 Dust:(5x Fire) (5x Water) (5x Earth) (5x Ice) (5x Lightning) (5x Light) (5x Shadow)
5x poison
Shadow's Bane
View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum